1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Lofoten light

Discussion in 'Landscape Photography Forum' started by wraggtime, Mar 20, 2017.

1. wraggtime

wraggtime Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Taken from on top of a very windy hill this is a shot of the Norwegian town called Raine, honestly the place is just stunning.

single exposure
    6sec (little stopper)
    f16 @17mm

DSC_2384gpc.jpg

2. Lady Tee

Lady Tee Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Damn I need to get on the laptop as that looks beautiful!

3. stanm

stanm Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Lovely scene. Just wondering if it would look even better without the triangle of land in the bottom right corner

4. Minor Problem

IOTM

Minor Problem Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Much prefer this one Dave! It's a real beauty. I too wonder if cropping a tiny bit off the bottom and cloning out the land might make it even better. It's great as is though.

5. Kevin Fox

Kevin Fox Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I like it as is. The bottom right corner does draw your eye down their, but that's what it is and I really don't understand why people mention cloning, do this, do that. I much prefer a natural shot and not a doctored up fake shot. Just my opinion.

wraggtime likes this.
  6. tenchy

IOTM

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    what a place to live!!
    lovely.

7. Minor Problem

IOTM

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Just as you are entitled to your opinion Kevin, I am entitled to mine. How would you know a shot was "fake" if, for example, you hadn't seen the before editing version? If you weren't aware any changes had been made how can you know whether you would have preferred it without the changes?

On occasions I make some fairly radical changes to my images but I dont recall anyone noticing or questioning them so how would you know which ones to like and which ones not to if you weren't told which had been changed from their original format?

Just curious as these sorts of sweeping statements are interesting when they are as flawed as this one is.

Kevin Fox likes this.
  8. Kevin Fox

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Like I said, just my opinion. It's more troublesome to the poster of that image. They know what the nature look should be.

9. Minor Problem

IOTM

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Dave has known me long enough to take anything I say with the best intentions that it was intended with.

wraggtime and Kevin Fox like this.
  10. Kevin Fox

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I understand that, it's more of a generalized statement.

Minor Problem likes this.
  11. Cdavi23

Cdavi23 Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Man you're really making me wanna go to Norway asap!
    This is beautiful!

12. wraggtime

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I cropped the land out of the bottom while I was editing the image but it looked better (imo) with the land adding a full stop and balancing the image but it's always good to hear other opinions.

Minor Problem likes this.
  13. Cdavi23

Cdavi23 Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    What does it mean adding a stop? I tried to google it, and find it on the forums, but no luck.

14. Kevin Fox

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Adding a stop of exposure in post. Make it a tad brighter.

15. Roger S

IOTM

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    This is a beautiful spot and a stunning image.

wraggtime likes this.
  16. slipper

slipper Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Cracking image; I like the crop of land at the base, does act to frame the island , but its all various tastes and opinions.
    You would need to be a sociable type to live there in such proximity to everyone else.

17. SFTphotography

SFTphotography Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    A nice picture. I would definitely like to go. I am trying to work out how as I won't fly. I hate it and driving round will take the best part of a week.

18. H1ghlander

H1ghlander Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    No
    You never see a bad shot from this location and this is no exception.
    I know you prefer the foreground land in but I'm a fan of the 6 x 17 wide crop at the moment which I think this picture is a prime candidate for such a crop as an alternative.
    It doesn't necessarily make the picture better, only different, but I find this crop adds so much tension and drama to the right picture.

not mine.JPG

Minor Problem and wraggtime like this.
  19. PamSar

PamSar Here a lot Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Wow!!! Lovely scene and very nicely done, I also like the wide cropped version but as said its just a matter of opinion.

20. H1ghlander

H1ghlander Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    No
    @wraggtime : Sorry Dave, I just noticed you have 'edit my images' set to no. I should have respected that, sorry.

21. Banjo Ryan

Banjo Ryan Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I really like the formations of the mountains, the comp and the moody sky, along with the dwellings which give scale. The colour of the sea and the transparency looks really nice too.

I must say I like the edit by Scott, it gives the comp a bit more clarity and drama.

22. wraggtime

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I don't really mind Scott you saved me a job as I was going to put up the crop image as well. :)

23. spuriosity

IOTM

spuriosity Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    That is beautiful scenery - fantastic capture of the mood and beautiful colours! Again my first thought was to crop the bottom off and Scott's edit has managed it perfectly in my opinion.

wraggtime likes this.
  24. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    thats cracking shot dave, stunning scenery and you have really captured the sprit of the place, I prefer the cropped version though really makes good use of the shapes

wraggtime likes this.
  25. Wayne Tafuro

Wayne Tafuro Member

Edit my images ?:
    No