• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Long weekend chatter (Easter 2019)

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
It is Good Friday, except that because Americans do not like holidays, I am working because most of our customers are in the US. To make matters worse, I am not feeling well and even took yesterday off. The girls had been sick with what I think was a slight flu for several days. I am at least working from home and 1 hour of the work day has gone by.

My daughters have a 4 day weekend.

Almost forgot the photography related info. My camera club is supposed to have an outing tomorrow to a location that gets a lot of migrating birds. It is up in the air at the moment because it is supposed to be quite rainy tomorrow morning when it is planned.

Ramble Vision

Mountain Climber
Super Moderator
Right now im procrastinating, but with that aside Im finishing my final report off for my HNC, so if I can stop with the procrastination, I should have it done by the end of the weekend and then im finished. no more study......... but first I must check up whats cracking off on facebook.......

Last edited:

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Gardening all day so far, telling myself I must finish and not pick up the camera but there’s so many insects about in this nice weather. Anyway, if I do finish it all wife and I will probably take a trip to London tomorrow, but apparently there are lots of demos going on against global warming, or the like

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
I'm thinking of going down to the office, as the family have invaded for the weekend and I can't even go for a poo in peace without them getting in to things; yesterday I nipped out for ten minutes and came back to carry on doing some work but couldn't find my laptop. Logically it was stuffed in the airing cupboard.
Weather forecast looks promising for storms, so I want to get out and get busy with the new toys, well some of them as one of the rigs is still being fabricated and won't be here until next month.

Tracie B.

Always on
Premium Member
Right now im procrastinating, but with that aside Im finishing my final report off for my HNC, so if I can stop with the procrastination, I should have it done by the end of the weekend and then im finished. no more study......... but first I must check up whats cracking off on facebook.......

Knees my dear, Knees that's what's cracking over there :D ;)

Ria Raeb

Just under three weeks ago was lying on a hospital bed having had a heart attack, finally back home in a beautiful sunny Cornwall, out riding me motorbike, barbecues with me mates, Sunday dinner with the family and some ideas for a few seascapes, life don't get much better than this! :grin:

ed taylor

Super Ed
Super Moderator
Bit late on parade . But yesterday I gave my car a good detailing. Today we went off for a walk in Cardigan mill valley ( Long Mynd). Then popped to Stokesay Castle. Just now got back home from a walk to New Hall Hall. Tomorrow I have to do some gardening. Then we have an Easter meal on the evening. Monday we plan to go for another drive out. Not sure where to as yet...

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Back at work today, but the girls do not have school so they went to work with my wife. They can do customer service and be about as effective as their regular ones :) I am counting down until it is time to leave.

Tracie B.

Always on
Premium Member
My boy goes back tomorrow after 2 weeks off and daughter heading back to Uni on friday! Silly for Easter but kids love it of course... I had the pleasure of yet another popped back for Easter weekend!

JAH-WAR

Always on
Premium Member
Southend and London on a jolly all weekend. Edge taken off by the news that a mate and ex colleague had died on a rig offshore, only 53. Life can be a ***t at times.

Andy 0

Always on
Sorry to hear that @JAH-WAR, thoughts with you mate.

I've got another project going on at the moment (I've ended up becoming a co-presenter on something...) so today has been spent getting to grips with the basics of Adobe Illustrator.

Don't ask what this is all about, but it makes sense in context of the project. I'm quite proud considering I had a quick guide and an empty page this morning.

JPEG - VHS with text (Small).jpg

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
Since Saturday lunchtime I've been dealing with something trying to attack the servers at work; the caffeine stopped functioning at about sunrise this morning.

Edge taken off by the news that a mate and ex colleague had died on a rig offshore, only 53. Life can be a ***t at times.
Not a nice bit of news, sorry for your loss.

Ozzie_Traveller

Old Hand
Premium Member
G'day all
From central Victoria in the great land Downunder it's the start of the winter months here - there's a cold wind blowing. It's down to 17C indoors and maybe 10C outdoors at 0830 - bluuuudy cold for us - geez I'm gunna have to wear a jumper today :(

I'm staying for 7-8 days on a farm of 100 acres with 1-cow & 2- house dogs while the owners are away interstate, The farm country is so poor that 1-cow is the limit for the 100 acres, but when I take the dogs for a walk, I do see the roos hopping away and into the scrub some 200m away from me ... always too far away to shoot either with camera or '22'

Phil