1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Looking for reasonably priced frame/mount supplier

Discussion in 'Forum Printing Service & Questions Forum' started by jondy, Jun 6, 2016.

1. jondy

jondy New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I'm hoping to begin selling a few of my prints locally (and beyond if successful) but I'm really struggling to find a wholesale supplier which wil allow me to sell complete framed prints to a local retail outlet at a price which will make it worthwhile to me whilst giving them an opportunity to make their margin. I know some people use Ikea, TK Maxx etc. for frames but I don't see this as a viable solution. By the way, I'm not looking at the fine art/high end market and see the framed prints as selling for no more than £35 (A4). It would be good to find out whether others have solved this conundrum.

2. russellsnr

russellsnr Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  3. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    In my experience, unfortunately this is the reality of the situation - you get the cheapies you mention and then the decent ones do cost.

The companies I use are Loxley Colour who aren't cheap but are fantastic value for money as their quality is excellent and not too silly a price, or a company that goes for the budget end and has a large range of frames, Ezeframe.

4. jondy

jondy New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks, I'll have a look at this.

Thanks for you reply - I'll check both out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  5. russellsnr

russellsnr Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  6. jondy

jondy New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  7. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I use pictureframeexpress for my frames, though those are for me and usually one offs. but they are very comptetive considering I get custom sized one offs.

8. Jeff Worsnop

Jeff Worsnop Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have had a similar problem. I felt very financially squeezed but found budget frames e.g. the Range, to be a false economy. I found some wooden frames at Premier Ink at good prices.
    I don't think your venture will be lucrative for you given you need to give a retailer a margin. I have an exhibition coming up at a cafe gallery of about 25 photos in frames ( and my wife doing about 25 paintings) where the hanging fee is £2 to £3 per picture with 17.5% commission on sales. The proprietor is an artist and does not push her prices.
    We have done the exhibition as a personal challenge to push ourselves to achieve more than previously so a profit is not expected and our hourly pay rate will be negligible given that here in Lancashire artwork sells for not much at all and photos about half that of same size art club watercolours.
    I suspect you will find the conundrum very difficult to solve but good luck.
    Jeff

9. Jeff Worsnop

Jeff Worsnop Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Further to my reply yesterday.
    This morning I got a mail from Premier Ink advising that they have reduced prices on their photo frames. Possibly worth you having a look. I am going to spend a few quid stocking up for June and December 2018 exhibitions.
    I have no connection with Premier Ink except as a customer for Ink, frames and various bits and pieces.
    Jeff