1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Looking for some help buying a camera

Discussion in 'Who Are You ??' started by Psmk2, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Psmk2

Psmk2 New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi.....im looking to buy my wife a camera that supports raw format?......i have no idea what this is ...i dont want to spend a lot of money but was wondering if anyone on here could tell me what cameras support this

Thanks
    Peter

2. paulmag

paulmag Always on Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Most DSLR cameras or mirrorless system cameras and some bridge or top end compacts.

I would advise trying to find out what she wants apart from raw file format .......

3. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi Peter .... any idea of your budget?

4. Psmk2

Psmk2 New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Im thinking around 120....

5. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I dont know a compact or bridge camera with raw at that price .. .think you are going to have to up your budget to around the 200 mark unless you would conciser used.

6. balami

balami Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    A used Panasonic TZ60 can be had on eBay for that price range and it does RAW.

7. slipper

slipper Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    If she uses RAW, is she somewhat experienced and if so she may have set ideas about type of camera. Suggest a little probing (no giggling at the back:))

8. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham Ol' Sparky Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    This...

I really have to agree here, because if someone knows something about the systems, then the odds on that they've got a fair idea of what they want.

Easiest solution, and one that if anyone wanted to buy me anything photographic, would be give them the money and let them make their own choice.

9. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi and welcome. Agree, if she wants raw then she is likely to have a good idea of what she wants. Some subtle digging in order.