• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Looking over towards Shell Is

oldgeezer

Always on
Premium Member
Suits the pano Paul but there is a massive halo across the top of the land and where the horizon meets.

Pete Larkin

Always on
Premium Member
Pano is great - very dramatic. Agree there's a touch of a halo, but I might also be inclined to lose a smudge off the bottom as well - but you might not!:grin:

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
Suits the pano Paul but there is a massive halo across the top of the land and where the horizon meets.
Thanks Pete, don't think the compression for the forum has helped here.

Pano is great - very dramatic. Agree there's a touch of a halo, but I might also be inclined to lose a smudge off the bottom as well - but you might not!:grin:
Thanks Pete (Is there an echo in here ..lol), already cropped the image at the bottom don't think I can do more with it being a pano.

oldgeezer

Always on
Premium Member
Thanks Pete, don't think the compression for the forum has helped here.
It's always a problem when there is such contrast between land and sky.
How is it looking full size and did you sharpen it again when it was down sized ?

H1ghlander

Always on
Much better, didn't think you could get an edge halo that big to be honest.
It was a whopper. :D
Everything about the edit is better, it's more natural, and has a softer more pleasing appearance.

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Nice one. This is why I don't like viewing on the phone. I'm seeing the comments and going huh. Then zoom in and there it is.
I've seen it from just resizing the full size down. And not always a light halo. I remember a bold dark halo appearing on a studio shot just from the resize.

Where is shell island? I recognise that from somewhere