1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Mac to Projector - Help Please!

Discussion in 'The Computer Clinic Forum' started by Snips, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Snips

IOTM

Snips Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Would some kind soul please confirm or correct me?

The slideshow I am doing tomorrow night is going to use a projector with hdmi cables but Mac computers don't have an hdmi slot.

Is this the correct thing to purchase to link the Mac to the projector?

ss2.jpg

2. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Looks correct Ed and if you are buying it from Curry's the ask them.

Snips likes this.
  3. Snips

IOTM

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thank you for the prompt reply, Pete.

I might be in luck - just a few minutes ago my son said he has an hdmi slot on his laptop - might be able to save £26 plus 25 miles of travel. :)

Thank you, again.

oldgeezer likes this.
  4. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    That's looks to be the one

Snips likes this.
  5. Snips

IOTM

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Well, that was a battle!

Started by leaving the house at 5:30pm to go to a village hall, return, ask question (above) about the problem. My son's laptop has an hdmi port.

Simples! Copy files on to a disk and copy on to his laptop. Oh, no. Apple and Microsoft really don't like each other.

Had to resort to copying on to a memory disk and after about two hours of copying and pasting we eventually got the photos on to his laptop, plugged it into a television with hdmi - VOILA!!

Now it's bedtime Itd 3d Ani W60 Smiles 062 zzz