• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Mach Loop

Jason

Always on
Premium Member
Anyone know the current situation with the Mach Loop? I’m sure I read somewhere that the review was due end January. I don’t do Facebook so can’t read the groups on there.

@rebel06 @Ogofmole

Ozzie_Traveller

Old Hand
Premium Member
G'day Jason

Nothing to do with The Loop .... but I don't do Fb either, but need to be into several discussion groups. I created an entry with false details for everything except the name, and zero entries of "stuff & rubbish" after that. However it does give me the intro to contact other groups and gain entry with chat facilities within these other groups

Hope this helps
Phil

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
Just had this reply from the Mach loop fb page .... "Not until at least May at the very earliest. Pending another review then. Could be longer".
Dont know if thats a rumor or factual

gosman767

Just had a quick look at Fightercontrol forum, no pictures from Loop in the Low Level section since November, it's usually
pretty much all Loop pictures.

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
Only non RAF planes through since late October due to the ban.... question is when will they return
Paul

Ogofmole

Always on
The Saudi Tornado came through Cad today. And it was very busy last week with the USAF. But no RAF for a while yet. If you want to do that area they I would suggest the A5 Pass, as that is getting quite a bit of traffic at moment. I will be popping up to the Lakes in March.

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
The Saudi Tornado came through Cad today. And it was very busy last week with the USAF. But no RAF for a while yet. If you want to do that area they I would suggest the A5 Pass, as that is getting quite a bit of traffic at moment. I will be popping up to the Lakes in March.
Do you have a post code or location for the A5 pass.

Jason

Always on
Premium Member
LL57 3LZ

Along the A5 from Capel Curig to Bethesda, they fly through that valley, so just pick a spot and climb.
You mean the Ogwen Valley?

I go there every so often and have always seen aircraft on weekdays - Hawks and heavier stuff. I’ve often thought you could get some nice topsides from the slopes of Pen Yr Ole Wen. Not a nice climb though.

I hope the Mach Loop ‘returns’. I very nearly got shut of my DSLR this week, only the aircraft togging makes me keep it.

The Ogwen Valley sounds like a win though if it’s busier. Such a stunning place.

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
And where in the lakes is the best place Barry?

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
It appears that a couple of the Mach Loop fb pages dont like to talk about the return of the RAF to the loop, I have had 3 posts deleted without any explanation until i contacted admin for a response ..... I think they could have given me a reason and not just deleted the posts .... not very courteous of them in my opinion.
Paul

Jason

Always on
Premium Member
It appears that a couple of the Mach Loop fb pages dont like to talk about the return of the RAF to the loop, I have had 3 posts deleted without any explanation until i contacted admin for a response ..... I think they could have given me a reason and not just deleted the posts .... not very courteous of them in my opinion.
Paul
This is one of the reasons I asked here. I’m not a member of Facebook but the Loop pages you could read without signing up - they’re now private. Odd.

Jason

Always on
Premium Member
Went past yesterday on my way for, a nearly very painful, walk up Cadar Idris. It was quite sad to see the Cad West car park totally empty at 0730 on a nice, sunny day. First time ever I think.

Ogofmole

Always on
The USAF F15's tried to get under the cloud today, but could not find a hole. Fog forecasted for tomorrow. So I will go up on Thursday. RAF ban will be reviewed in May.