• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Macro Insects

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Hello and welcome to the forum. When uploading pics, be sure to tick the "Full image" box so it will show full size. I've done that for you here.

Mike Singh

Always on
Premium Member
Good effort: nice composition, blurred, uncluttered background and nice colours. I don't think the eye in sharp focus. The shadows on the insect needs lifting on post processing.
What was your Aperture, Shutter speed and Lighting?

Here is an excellent example of what you should be aiming for:

Vix1986

Good effort: nice composition, blurred, uncluttered background and nice colours. I don't think the eye in sharp focus. The shadows on the insect needs lifting on post processing.
What was your Aperture, Shutter speed and Lighting?

Here is an excellent example of what you should be aiming for:
Hi Mike

Thanks for your feedback. My aperture was 5.6, iso 250 and shutter speed 1/1250.
Is removing the shadows something I can do on lightroom? Im fairly new to all of this :)

Nice shot but no exif details, why not have a ride to this thread and introduce yourself. Oh btw I'm an ex Winsford and Crewe man.

Who Are You ??
Thats not far from me at all, small world!

I shall post to the thread, thanks for the suggestion, I wasnt really sure where to start

Mike Singh

Always on
Premium Member
Hi Mike

Thanks for your feedback. My aperture was 5.6, iso 250 and shutter speed 1/1250.
Is removing the shadows something I can do on lightroom? Im fairly new to all of this :)
With insect photos increasing your depth of field is important. Use a smaller aperture and increase your ISO to maintain a good exposure: F9 and ISO 800-3200. You can lift the shadows by moving the shadows slider to the right in Lightroom. It is in the general first panel.

stanm

Always on
A nice composition but my thought too was it is a little soft, the shutter speed is fine but go for f8 and use a single focus point and ensure it is over one of the eyes

RobertG

Very nice composition - that's one of the hardest things to master, good job, excellent first posting! The technical side will come with experience and lots of great advice from folks here.