1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Macro Tutorial from Canon

Discussion in 'Photography Tips, Tricks & Tutorials Forum' started by Jenbenjen, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Jenbenjen

Jenbenjen Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
  2. Tasshu

Tasshu Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    brilliant, thanks jen, this will come in handy :)

3. Jenbenjen

Jenbenjen Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    your welcome - I thought i may look at Macro some time in the future :)

4. Tasshu

Tasshu Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    yeah same Jen. Such a massive variety to do in photography. I was thinking of getting a macro lens, And possibly a new telephoto lens. I like the idea of the 17-85mm IS USM for a standard how do you feel about them? I also like the 50 mm f/ 2.5

5. biglee33

biglee33 Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    They have a newsletter. the money I spent and dont get one,. Thats it im off to nikon, Not. lol

6. aquatic

aquatic Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    nice 1 jen although id just add a couple of quick points . tripod : invaluable when shooting natural light when shutter speedas are lower and you havent got the action freezing ability of the flash , you do however miss a lot of shots while setting up etc .

when using flash handheld is the way to go imho . the flash will help freeze any motion and as long as you nail the focus its a more mobile and verasatile way of shooting . much easier and quicker to adjust for a moving target like a busy bug . although difference between optimum focus and almost focused is a very small movement so a bit of practice is needed .

using flash for macro is a good learning curve too . with the close distances involved it really forces you to learn to controll the flash etc , which is a what im fighting with at the moment .

7. Violaman

Violaman Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
  8. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    a nice intro to macro.

9. chaz

chaz Old Hand Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    Not looked at mine yet, def a good resource.