1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Making the leap to full frame...

Discussion in 'Photography & Camera Basics Forum' started by Steve Chandler, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Kevin Fox

Kevin Fox Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The 750 is an incredible body. I had one for a couple years. Just make sure you get a good one and not a repaired one. Nikon has a list of serial numbers that are recalled. I wasn't a fan of the 24-85. The old 24-70 2.8 was and always will be a great one.

2. lundrog

lundrog Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    No mirror. Meaning you can adapt hundreds if not more lenses to your camera, assuming your willing to manual focus. This allows flexibility and in a lot of cases budget lenses with good results.

3. Jason

Jason Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The biggest benefit of a mirrorless setup, imho, is the WYSIWYG shooting style. In other words, you see the exposure levels before firing the shutter. Should mean less chimping and a better chance of getting the shot first time. I know DSLRs have the live preview on screen but I'd rather use the viewfinder and that's the mirrorless advantage to me.

4. Steve Chandler

Steve Chandler Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Will be buying my Nikon D750 within the fortnight. Thanks everyone for any/all advice throughout this thread. It's given me much food for thought. As the camera body will be setting me back £1,250 second hand it probably leaves me with approx. £300-£400 for a lens. I'm torn between going for a good all-rounder or spending my money on a 50mm prime. What would be the best available option for each? I definitely won't be able to afford both.

5. Dean M

Dean M Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  6. Steve Chandler

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  7. Dean M

Dean M Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    the fact that hdew give 3 year warranty and Nikon only give one year.. in regards to grey imports same manufacturing plant, same specs, generally only difference is the plug/ manual. as it may have been designated for another country so the plug has been changed for a UK one. with HDEW you are still paying vat on it and the warranty is UK based.
    maybe this review of hdew and grey imports will help. certainly ask anyone on here that have used hdew and you wont see many complaints.
    https://www.brianparkes.com/hdew-cameras-review/

8. Steve Chandler

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Cool. I've had a look on their site. Think I'm going to go with the Nikon D750 Professional Bundle and hopefully pick up a 50mm prime within the next 2-3 months. Cheers. :)

9. Minor Problem

Minor Problem Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I'd rather new grey import than second hand every time if that fits the budget.

Steve Chandler likes this.