1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Male & Female Stonechats

Discussion in 'Plants, Animals & Insects Photography Forum' started by Ash (Jacko), Jan 11, 2019.

1. Ash (Jacko)

Ash (Jacko) Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Wildlife never poses the way you want it to!

These were the best I could manage but I was still happy as it's the first time I have ever photographed this species. DSC_0027 - Copy.jpg DSC_0072 - Copy.jpg DSC_0080 - Copy (2).jpg DSC_0087 - Copy.jpg

2. JAH-WAR

JAH-WAR Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    They look a tad soft on my screen but the slowish shutter speed might explain that.

I like the compositions on the last two although I'd clone out the left most twig on second from last and the tiny bit of gorse in the same position on the last, just to tidy them up a touch.

Ash (Jacko) likes this.
  3. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice set, Ash. The last two definitely are the nicer compositions.

Ash (Jacko) and JAH-WAR like this.
  4. Phill104

Phill104 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice chats. I agree with Jah on the cloning.

Hard to edit with such a small file but this is nearer to how I would present it. Not to everyones taste though.

DSC_0080 - Copy (2).jpg

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  5. Pteranadon

Pteranadon Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Not always going to hand it to ya.
    I would be happy.

Ash (Jacko) likes this.
  6. Ash (Jacko)

Ash (Jacko) Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thank you I think I may know why as I haven't been on here or a while I forgot to sharpen after resizing, I tend to shoot at quite low shutter speeds and have really steady hands.

Strangely I usually do clean up little bits like to mentioned so I will do that.

Thank you, I agree they are my picks to.

I realised I forgot to sharpen after resizing....ooops! I am not a fan of the blue cast in your edit but I will e re-editing it. Thanks.

Oh I sure know that I have been doing this a while and many times have sat in my pop up hide for 6+ hours waiting for Kingfishers with nothing to show.

Roger S likes this.
  7. David_MC

David_MC Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Very nice set. I'd probably shoot with a faster shutter speed but that is just me.

8. Ash (Jacko)

Ash (Jacko) Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks and so would I if the conditions allowed but when the light is too dull there's not much can be done.