• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Marshes Lighthouse

cbarnard7

Always on
Hi All-

Been dying to get out but it's been raining everyday and cold. No leaves on the trees, no snow on the ground and no sun in the sky. No thanks!

Anyway, I planned a quick trip to the coast this weekend to photograph some lighthouses and after some hope I was again disappointed. It was calling for partly cloudy skies and as the weekend got closer it became worse.

Still, I made the 3 hour drive in hopes that the weather would change once again, but it didn't- a storm had rolled through and it stayed overcast through sunset. Before turning around and making the drive home I took one shot just as the lights came on during blue hour. Landscape photography isn't always good weather and light!

Hope you are all doing well. Cheers!
Chris

David_MC

Always on
I think the weather is what made this shot. You have some nice texture in the sky and some nice colors being cast onto the lighthouse, creating a nice mood. Well done.

Pete Larkin

Always on
Premium Member
Like it. The subdued light and crispness of the shot have worked well. The lights are spot on. Nice!

cbarnard7

Always on
Thanks for the comments. I was nervous they weren't going to turn on the lights and as I was getting ready to leave, someone came out and turned them on.

Minor Problem

Always on
Premium Member
Really like this Chris. I can see a moody sunset here would be absolutely epic but this is still lovely. Well done.

cbarnard7

Always on
Really like this Chris. I can see a moody sunset here would be absolutely epic but this is still lovely. Well done.
Thanks Barry! The moody sunset is what I was going for, but I am happy with the result. It had been raining for almost a week so it fit the atmosphere.

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
This shot made me smile this morning. It’s been stormy and raining here for a few days so I have hibernated. This shot made me want to get out even more.

I think the only tiny thing I would tweak is the ligh on the distant shore on the right. I find my eye drawn to it in a slightly distracting way.

cbarnard7

Always on
This shot made me smile this morning. It’s been stormy and raining here for a few days so I have hibernated. This shot made me want to get out even more.

I think the only tiny thing I would tweak is the ligh on the distant shore on the right. I find my eye drawn to it in a slightly distracting way.
Cheers Phill- I cloned out some nagging lights in PS but missed that one... then, when I noticed, I was too lazy to go back into PS. :)

Jason

Always on
Premium Member
I really like this pic. The warmth of the lights contrasts nicely with the cold sky and building. Good texture in the walkway as well and very nicely processed. Cracking image Chris.