• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Martial Arts/Fighting Systems

Andy 0

Always on
Hello all,

Sorry I've been quiet recently.

I'll preface this with an expectation of general discussion, not the usual 'my system beats your system' stuff that blights MA forums... Expect Kuk Sool Won..... (!)

Just wondered if anybody else on here practices any martial arts/fighting systems. For a few months now I've been learning Krav Maga, and whilst I'm still a rank amateur and have a very long way to go it's certainly become a passion and something I love doing.

I've made the title as such to include KM and MMA guys so as not to start a 'that's not a martial art actually.. ' replies!

JAH-WAR

Always on
Premium Member
Krav Maga is mental. Mind you it was invented by the Israelis (hail!!).

Nowadays, being too old, fat and slow :D I find a good punch in the throat or poke in the eyes works very well. That'll incapacitate most folk and you can pretty much pick yer shots after that (if you need to):mad::mad::D;).

Andy 0

Always on
Krav Maga is mental. Mind you it was invented by the Israelis (hail!!).

Nowadays, being too old, fat and slow :D I find a good punch in the throat or poke in the eyes works very well. That'll incapacitate most folk and you can pretty much pick yer shots after that (if you need to):mad::mad::D;).
Krav is certainly quite different to every other style, it's certainly more 'real world' than most and is designed solely to end a fight with maximum damage in minimum time.

A throat punch IS perfect Krav :p

Andy 0

Always on
Yeah, it is. Now where's Owen Jones??.....................................................................:exit::D:D
......... That ****.

I won't say any more on Mr Jones as this isn't the place to start bringing up political angles but I'm not a fan...

JAH-WAR

Always on
Premium Member
......... That ****.

I won't say any more on Mr Jones as this isn't the place to start bringing up political angles but I'm not a fan...
Very true. Just someone I'd like to practice on tho. I'd never tire :grin::D

gosman767

Been doing BJJ for a few years after being bullied into it by my (Black belt) son, absolutely hooked on it now
plus it's good all round fitness training even for an old fart like me. I know it's debatable whether it is a martial
art or a sport :whistle3:

Andy 0

Always on
Been doing BJJ for a few years after being bullied into it by my (Black belt) son, absolutely hooked on it now
plus it's good all round fitness training even for an old fart like me. I know it's debatable whether it is a martial
art or a sport :whistle3:
BJJ is often mentioned as the most useful martial art and the basis of many other systems so I wouldn't dismiss its potency.

KM exists as simply a method of protecting life and offers far, far more 'dirty' methods than any other system, we draw no quarters, all is permissable, there is NO illegal strike in KM, what works.. Works.. No matter matter the brutality. In KM the goal (broadly) is to permanently incapacitate the opponent.

However BJJ is a highly respected art and it bears no repitition that it 'means business'

Skyshot

Premium Member
I did Wado Ryu Karate for a little over thirty years (taught for twenty of those).

Andy 0

Always on
Krav is still taking up a good deal of my limited free time (10 hours a week training) but I've a studio shoot booked in Friday so it will be good to 'get back on the horse'

I'll upload pictures soon!

JAH-WAR

Always on
Premium Member
There are a few I'd currently like to practice Krav Maga on. I'm off up that there ole London town place today. Might swing in past Oxford Circus and test it out on some of the protestie type folk currently occupying that space:D;)