• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Metal Detecting

Ash (Jacko)

Always on
Hi everyone!

Do any of you metal detect? it's something I did as a child and as of a year ago something I came back to. I haven't had any gold yet but have had some nice finds.

So far in the last year I have had 15 silver coins which include 2 hammered coins one Charles I half groat from 1640 and the other is a James I shilling from 1607.

Last Sunday two of my detecting friends and I went to a Victorian military training permission we have and have done at least 20 times and had so many coins including a gold sovereign and gold half sovereign and plenty of silver coins.

A couple of hours into the hunt and this beauty popped up! I couldn't see what it was to start with and only half the chain was there with the two silver coins. It turned out one of them was a George IV shilling from 1826 that had been cut out possibly trench art as it would have been a soldiers.

The other coin is a 200 Reis of Pedro II (Brazil) from 1856 which is 917 silver all on a solid silver chain. I searched the hole and found the T bar and then had another signal next to the hole and when I dug it up came the other half of the chain including the clip that would have attached to the pocket watch.

Oh and I have since cleaned it all up and fixed it back to how it would have originally been and it looks great.DSC_0001 (2) - Copy.jpg DSC_0003 (2) - Copy.jpg DSC_0006 - Copy.jpg 52053784_2502645636473425_915351929863798784_n.jpg

I thought this was worth sharing.