1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Midi D'Ossau Reflections at sunset

Discussion in 'Landscape Photography Forum' started by SFTphotography, Dec 5, 2018.

1. SFTphotography

SFTphotography Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    What can beat a sunset in the mountains? Well one where it is reflected giving you two for the price of one. Here are two from Lac du Miey (the second of the Lac D'Ayous along the GR10) which perfectly mirror the awesome view of Pic D'Midi D'Ossau

[​IMG]_DSC4106 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

[​IMG]_DSC4132 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Crf8 and Mike Singh like this.
  2. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    No
    very nice pair of images.

SFTphotography likes this.
  3. JAH-WAR

JAH-WAR Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Dear, dear. Do I detect a ripple in the first? You're standards are slipping:grin:

4. SFTphotography

SFTphotography Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Both of them have ripples. The fish were a fecking nightmare jumping in and out - I did take some long exposures which have totally smoothed everything out...but...the clouds have also moved (not enough to impart movement, but enough to look annoyingly blurry at full size on a big screen) so I am not so keen on them. These are the lesser of two evils but you've made an unfortunately valid point - the reflections are not upto scratch.

5. David_MC

David_MC Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Beautiful set. Hard to pick a favorite.

6. Sundar Amartur

Sundar Amartur Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    You are a reflection guru bud. Very nice.

7. Isac

Isac Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I like your work Stephen. I'm leaning towards the second one for its slightly better sense of scale. We all have a few ripples that we have to contend with so no biggy!