1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

missing exif

Discussion in 'Photoshop & Editing Chat Forum' started by David Payne, Oct 1, 2016.

1. David Payne

David Payne Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    DSC_0201 Orange Fungus HP.jpg DSC_0007 With Kelly HP.jpg
    Hi People
    I'm not sure which forum to put this so I plumped for this one. apologies if it's the wrong one.
    I have recently uploaded the two images above. The bracket fungus to the mushroom challenge and the tug of war to sports action forum.
    When I check the images the EXIF data is there for the tug of war image but missing for the bracket fungus.
    I am using the same software Serif Photoplus X8 for both, exporting as jpeg for both and I have checked that the retain metadata check box is active. Any ideas as to why the EXIF is missing?

2. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Are you uploading at the correct forum dimensions: i.e. 1024 longest side, 250kb file size. If it is uploaded too large, the forum will resize it and strip the EXIF.
    Assume you are uploading from a PC, also if you upload via tapatalk though your EXIF may get stripped

3. David Payne

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Definitely 1024 but I will check the file size when I get home. I usually make sure I am below 250kb

4. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I am not positive about the forum software effects, but this one is showing me that "shrink to fit" has been applied to it. It's only 107kb now. I can only assume that in some way it was oversize.

Untitled - 1.jpg

hooferinsane likes this.
  5. David Payne

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    DSC_0201 Orange Fungus HP.jpg

Thanks Brian and Roger. the file was slightly too big. I had transposed 1024 into 1204.:club::thanks::you-re-the-best: