1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Mojave upgrade issues

Discussion in 'Photoshop & Editing Chat Forum' started by j.mac, Oct 11, 2018.

1. j.mac

j.mac Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I've recently upgraded my Mac to the Mojave release. I'm finding things that used to happen quickly are hesitant resulting in my workflow being hampered. In particular, images selected in Bridge and 'flagged' not being selected etc. Any one having similar issues?

2. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Did you just upgrade? The SpotLight index may be rebuilding still (it does not do this on all OS upgrades but it does happen). I have not noticed anything slower myself. I am in Lightroom most of the time and do not use Bridge. As a general suggestions, try the PS setting for using the Graphics Processor in Photoshop > Preferences > Performance try it off if on and on if off. You need to restart PS for it to take affect. Also go to System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > and uncheck “Reduce transparency” and “Reduce Motion”. This will speed up things overall.

3. j.mac

j.mac Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thank you DonS, i'll try all this. Yes, I was still using El Capitan quite happily but was lured in by the 'sexy' new dark look...

DonS likes this.
  4. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham Ol' Sparky Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    There's all sorts of random weirds across the Adobe suite in Mojave (I've not installed it on any money making machines yet, that'll be the x.2/x.3 release; but haven't noticed any issues on hardware that Apple said was incompatible apart from a transparency glitch); one thing that may help is changing the resolution mode for the application(s) to see if that improves the performance on the apps (though don't ask about the flagging issue as I don't use bridge either) and that's quit the application completely, go in to the Applications folder and find the application in there, right click on it and go to "Get Info" and then select "Open in Low Resolution" mode (also try changing back to light mode, also disabling transparency in the System Preferences -> Accessibility -> Displays).

Apart from that, only thing I really could suggest is waiting a while for the updates to both MacOS and Adobe CC to arrive as with Mojave still being new to the public there's going to be some problems in integration that wouldn't appear in lab environments.