1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Mooring at dusk

Discussion in 'HDR Images Only Forum' started by RyanB, Oct 29, 2017.

1. RyanB

RyanB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Ely riverside at dusk the other evening. Tried this in a normal shot but I think I prefer the HDR version.

Untitled_HDR6.jpg

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice shot. I'm not sure if the seagull in the middle of the top helps this one, or hinders it though.

RyanB likes this.
  3. RyanB

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Cheers Roger, I see what you mean, could look like a dust bunny at a quick glance and doesn't really add anything to the image. I have now removed both seagulls.:)

Roger S likes this.
  4. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice scene and nice colours, may be a lift in contrast would help??? just imo of course
    Paul

RyanB likes this.
  5. RyanB

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Keen eye Paul, just had a play about with the contrast and it definitely improves several aspects of the image imho. Any more and I worry it will look over processed.

only a slight up in contrast.

Untitled_HDR6v2.jpg

6. rebel06

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Yes that makes a difference .....

7. RyanB

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Excuse me if I read this wrong but is the '....' an indication you don't actually see much of a difference? I thought it made the close boat seem a bit crisper and less faded, some of the details of the willow tree as well.

8. Kevin Fox

Kevin Fox Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The shot has some possibilities. To me it's still dark and on the green side. Have you tried to open the shadows?

RyanB likes this.
  9. rebel06

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    No the "...." means nothing .... I was saying it looks better now

RyanB likes this.
  10. RyanB

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I just had a bit of a mishap in that I made PS crash due to using too much RAM, 16gb taken up almost entirely by Photoshop...:rolleyes: The only version of this that I had saved was the last version in 1024px. I just went back to the drawing board with a slightly different set of bracketed images and I am pleased with the results. I have saved it in multiple formats/ sizes now too just in case.

@rebel06
    I kinda suspected as much but sometimes its hard to tell with written word. Thanks btw:)

I managed to get a bit more of the close right hand boat reflection this time.
    Untitled_HDR8_1024.jpg