1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Moray Coastlines

Discussion in 'Landscape Photography Forum' started by Liam McBride, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Liam McBride

Liam McBride Active Member Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I have recently joined a local camera club and have been trying to increase my knowledge in all genres of photography. Thanks to some trips out with more talented photographers I've started shooting my landscapes a bit differently and approached my composition with a bit more thought. These are some of my recent attempts at gathering a collection to enter some camera club comps.

IMG_20180912_100611_286.jpeg IMG_20180910_130544_299.jpeg FB_IMG_1536576094749.jpeg FB_IMG_1536302637897.jpeg FB_IMG_1536311343682.jpeg FB_IMG_1536562455507.jpeg IMG_20180910_130603_223.jpeg FB_IMG_1535612264592.jpeg

Phill104 and Mike Singh like this.
  2. David_MC

David_MC Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Really great set. I am loving the tones and colors in the 2nd and 4th images.

Liam McBride likes this.
  3. Liam McBride

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thank you David.

4. paulmag

paulmag Always on Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    HArumph.............Lovely set ...............the harumph was due to my last time up in the North East at the end of May there was a good solid Harr all the time I was there I got no coastal images as we elected to go inland and as I live in Derbyshire close to the point furthest from any coast in the UK.

Out of interest what where the locations.

Liam McBride likes this.
  5. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Very nice set!

Liam McBride likes this.
  6. Liam McBride

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Hi Paul, I remember May well. I was trying to shoot aviation images at the time and it was ruined for most of my holidays by the Harr. I had friends up from Yorkshire to shoot Rattray head lighthouse and they didn't get anything either. All these images are from the same location, a small town called Hopeman near Lossiemouth. The area of beach is known locally as Daisy rock.

Thank you Mike.

Sorry Paul, I made a mistake there, some of the images are of Burghead harbour and one of Findhorn which is the last image.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2018
    paulmag and Mike Singh like this.
  7. paulmag

paulmag Always on Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    A right Thought I new the place looked familiar .....We set of for Rattray but turned back as couldnt see anything

Liam McBride likes this.
  8. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi Liam ... I have merged your last 3 posts so as to save space, especially for those on phones ....
    Remember you can multi quote by selecting each quote button.
    Paul

Liam McBride likes this.
  9. wraggtime

wraggtime Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Good composition and long exposure work Liam these are working really well, I would just say be careful when you add saturation to your images, it looks like you’ve added more colour to bring out the tones in the sky but in doing so it’s making your water look over saturated in 2 and 4. Just a small criticism on an otherwise good set of images.

Liam McBride likes this.
  10. Liam McBride

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thank you, much appreciated.

11. saurabh01

saurabh01 Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Great shots and I love one and four.

12. H1ghlander

H1ghlander Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    A very vibrant set with well considered compositions. Not convinced with the WB or saturation on all of them through. Some are overly cold, a couple are overly warm.

13. Liam McBride

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thank you :)

14. Liam McBride

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thank you :)

Russellski likes this.
  15. Minor Problem

Minor Problem Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Some good stuff there indeed, take heed of the points mentioned above and there's scope to improve them. I particularly like 4 & 5.

Liam McBride likes this.
  16. Liam McBride

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thank you

17. Isac

Isac Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    You've done very well with all of these Liam! Some a tad over cooked but that's always subjective. #1 is the standout for me. With the last one, it's hard to tell if the horizon is straight but it looks like it's not - so a slight turn to the right may get it more pleasing to the eye. Just my thoughts, keep doing what you're doing. TFS.

18. Phill104

Phill104 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I live inland too, Tring has an OS marker stating it is one of 6 spots in the UK that lay claim to being the furthest from the coast. I too mad a trip to Scotland and was plagued by the weather, as was my trip to Dorset, to Snowdonia, the list goes on. Fun trying though.

paulmag likes this.
  19. Phill104

Phill104 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Enjoyed the set Liam. Slightly over saturated in a few areas for my personal taste but only by a little. Overall very nice.

Liam McBride likes this.
  20. SFTphotography

SFTphotography Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Second to last is a real jewel but personally I’d ease up on the contrast and saturation

Liam McBride likes this.
  21. Jason

Jason Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Well thought out set, composition-wise, with some having lovely light...

...I agree about the colours though. #4 especially could be stunning with colours adjusted.

Liam McBride likes this.