1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Most popular interchangeable lens format in Japan? Canon M

Discussion in 'Photography News Forum' started by DonS, Oct 8, 2018.

1. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Mike Singh likes this.
  2. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I can’t see how! Perhaps it appeals to a younger generation.

3. DonS

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Well, they sell more, that's how :) They may have a very good marketing campaign over there that makes it really cool and popular.

Mike Singh likes this.
  4. Andy 0

Andy 0 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I take any remarks I may have previously made about it being "about as popular as a ginger stepchild". :p

5. DonS

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It is odd how sometimes a product is much more popular in one country over another. Not that it is any more suited to anything local, it is just used more. As I suggested, they may have had a very good marketing campaign that, culturally, does not translate to other countries. Perhaps in Japan they decided to do some very aggressive pricing for a while that increased sales and then popularity grew organically after that, friends of friends, etc.

Mike Singh likes this.
  6. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It's really popular with vloggers!

DonS likes this.
  7. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Maybe this demonstrates how our biases tend to blind us to reality. When the EOS 6D Mark II first came out many of the reviewers panned it because they didn't feel that it advanced the technology enough. Today it is seen as successful and considered by many as the best vlogging camera available. When Sony started producing digital cameras they were laughed at and continuing rumors of Nikon's demise seem to have little effect on the quality of their products or customer satisfaction.

Mike Singh likes this.
  8. Rob Nelson

Rob Nelson Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have an M50,excellent little camera,I also have an original M,also a very capable little camera,I take photographs with them,that's what they are for.

Mike Singh likes this.