1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Moto X

Discussion in 'Sports & Action Photography Forum' started by Haripaul, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Haripaul

Haripaul Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    A few from the track on Sunday and with a rider coming off but he wasn't hurt. Although one rider did come off the other side of the track and he broke his arm and the bone was poking through his skin and a ambulance was called. _MG_4967.jpg _MG_4968.jpg IMG_9281.jpg IMG_9284.jpg IMG_9322.jpg

Lensman Mark and Mike Singh like this.
  2. Ozzie_Traveller

Ozzie_Traveller Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day Paul

What's that old saying about 'boys will be boys' ....

I find your images are a good example of action-on-the-run with both enough blur to confirm the action and enough sharpness for the bikers to see themselves clearly

All done well as far as I can see
    Phil from the great land Downunder

3. Haripaul

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G.Day Phil, thankyou for your comment, it's always nice to get a comment. These were taken at 160sec, I did try 125th but too much camera shake.

4. balami

balami Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Good action shots Paul. Just a shame that the frame wasn't bigger in #2.
    Good set.

5. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Oops!

Good panning there. Was thinking the third was my favourite but I like the 4th with the sharpness, the rear wheel vanishing in the dust and the front just off the ground.

6. spuriosity

spuriosity Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Ouch!! Nice action shots, I love this kind of photography. I haven't done it in ages!

7. Haripaul

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks John, sometimes things like that happen and you don't have time to frame properly. You'll have to come over one Sunday and have a go.

Thanks it makes a change from the other work I do and always a challenge.

Thanks Ed still got to get my panning technique honed.

8. Arthur.36

Arthur.36 Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Where I live we have a lot of the less costly motor sports on.
    I rode a bike well before I was allowed to on the streets so bikes are always an interest.
    And this is even now when I can't ride another one again. But do enjoy watching what the kids of today do make what I was doing look like beginners class.
    Well done on being in a good position.

9. Haripaul

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks Arthur. I was a 4 year old on a little bike out for the first time yesterday and he loved it, so enjoyable too see young kids riding outside instead of being at home watching tv or playing computer games.

Arthur.36 likes this.
  10. Haripaul

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Should of said there was not i was.

Arthur.36 likes this.
  11. Dusty

Dusty Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Are these full size, or did you crop? I'm looking at the the right side of each and thinking I would prefer a composition with the empty space in front of the bike rather than behind.

It feels awkward to me when the bike is running into the edge if the frame - loses the drama...

12. Haripaul

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I wanted to show the dust trails behind the riders to show the drama and speed, yes they are cropped.

13. Dusty

Dusty Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Fair enough. Would be interested to see another crop adding more space to the right , so make them wider?

14. Haripaul

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    There you go one without a crop. I get your point though. Any input is good thankyou Dusty.
    IMG_9284a.jpg

15. Stephen F

Stephen F Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice set Paul and good panning technique, they look rather clean for Moto x.

16. Haripaul

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks Steve, yes very clean but very dusty and dry conditions for weeks. Hope you're well.

Stephen F likes this.
  17. RyanB

RyanB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Great set Paul, shot something similar a while back and really struggled to get the wheel blur and sharp rider as well as you have.

18. Haripaul

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks Ryan, I did look at your photos awhile back but did'nt get around to commenting sorry. To get the wheel blur I've found that you need between 1/60 and 250 shutter speed will do it. It also helps knowing the track so well so for example on tight bends I use 1/160th and on straights 250 th with the camera set on A1 servo

RyanB likes this.