• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Motorhome

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
What a 45ft tripple slide out 6ltr gas pusher in rear with garage under .?????

JAH-WAR

Always on
Premium Member
What a 45ft tripple slide out 6ltr gas pusher in rear with garage under .?????
:D:D

Nah, just a 4 berth coach built (older one like). Was always a dream/ambition of mine to get one, shove in the fishin', golf and photography gear, dog an begger off to the West Coast of Scotland/Isles etc and take in some of that. Maybe subsequent trips to Wales and the West Country as well to explore places I've not really spent time in before.

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
Sounds Great ... I think the motorhome/camper scene has grown tremendously over the last few years, we hummed and arred a couple of years back but decided on caravan and car instead, but in retrospect that was the wrong decision.
Also everyone I spoke to who have owned motorhomes and renewed them most often chose to go smaller not bigger!!

Paul

JAH-WAR

Always on
Premium Member
Sounds Great ... I think the motorhome/camper scene has grown tremendously over the last few years, we hummed and arred a couple of years back but decided on caravan and car instead, but in retrospect that was the wrong decision.
Also everyone I spoke to who have owned motorhomes and renewed them most often chose to go smaller not bigger!!

Paul
Aye, my original thoughts when I first fancied it, oh probably 15-20 years ago was to get a big twin axle 6 berth but having done my homework over the years and looked at the financial implications, I settled on a 4 berth which will do for me and the wife and maybe my daughter and her man too. I'll be going on fishing/golf trips with my bro too as well as heading off myself.

Snips

Always on
You're not one of those who have a wonderfully luxurious motorhome then drag a poxy little Nissan Micra behind it are you? :D:D:exit:

My parents had one (motorhome, not a Micra!) and loved it. Not for us but I can see the attraction and why people buy them.

Minor Problem

Always on
Premium Member
I had a Burstner A class, 7.5m jobbie till recently when we chopped it in for a spankers 8m caravan which works better for my landscape togging as I still have transport once she had settled for the night. Irrelevant now as I live in the thing and she got the house but such is life, I can shoot whenever I want now :roll:

JAH-WAR

Always on
Premium Member
You're not one of those who have a wonderfully luxurious motorhome then drag a poxy little Nissan Micra behind it are you? :D:D:exit:

My parents had one (motorhome, not a Micra!) and loved it. Not for us but I can see the attraction and why people buy them.
As you know I drive a Mustang GT 5.0L V8. Nissan Micra, pah wouldn't be seen dead:D:D;)

Ozzie_Traveller

Old Hand
Premium Member
G'day Mate

As this thread starts off 'empty' I am slightly at a disadvantage as to the "why & when"

However - as someone who spends over 250 days each year =IN= our motorhome and has done for the last 15-16 yrs, I can highly recommend it for a travelling lifestyle. Our MH bought new in late 2003 sits on a Ford Transit, it now has 450,000km on the dial. This vehicle followed 2x Toyota Hi-Ace campervans which over a 20-yr period covered a similar distance to today's motorhome

So - what do you want to know about motorhong & travelling ... ?
Phil

JAH-WAR

Always on
Premium Member
G'day Mate

As this thread starts off 'empty' I am slightly at a disadvantage as to the "why & when"

However - as someone who spends over 250 days each year =IN= our motorhome and has done for the last 15-16 yrs, I can highly recommend it for a travelling lifestyle. Our MH bought new in late 2003 sits on a Ford Transit, it now has 450,000km on the dial. This vehicle followed 2x Toyota Hi-Ace campervans which over a 20-yr period covered a similar distance to today's motorhome

So - what do you want to know about motorhong & travelling ... ?
Phil
Ha, you are now my personal expert:D

I literally know nothing. I got the basics about damp checks and had a mechanic give it a quick once over and he thinks it's fine.

All going well I'll pick her up today. I'll add more details/questions a bit later when I get onto my PC. Typing long replies is a pain on a tablet:(

gaelldew

Always on
Premium Member
Ha, you are now my personal expert:D

I literally know nothing. :(
Itd 3d Ani W60 Smiles 005 At long last he admits it, fancy buying a shed on wheels, gave up my caravan as it was a fight finding places on Caravan Club sites all these vans just stopping a couple of nights.

Skyshot

Premium Member
I spent most of my thirties and early forties living in converted vans (that I did myself) as my work took me all over the country - I was paid expenses for B&B, but pocketed that to pay for my beer. :)

I revisited the lifestyle nearly ten years ago when I split with my ex. I sold the house, the business and 'just about everything else' and bought a four berth motorhome. I'd only kept my fishing gear so I took that with me to tour Europe for a year, ended up living in France for another year before I came back to the UK. I then spent another four years living in it before I settled in to where I am now. If it wasn't for the fact that I have to charge up an electric wheelchair every night, I'd probably still be living in it.

I bought it for £20,000.00 and sold it for £18,500 - the cheapest accommodation I've ever had; that's for sure. No electric bill, no water bill, no rates, no TV licence etc. All I had to pay for was gas for heating and cooking and diesel to keep it running. I only ever spent one night on a camp site - a terrible experience I'd never want to repeat.

A great way to live. :cool:

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
@Skyshot ... where did you tend to stay the night (or longer ) for if you only spent 1 night on a camp .. .is there plenty of places.

JAH-WAR

Always on
Premium Member
Itd 3d Ani W60 Smiles 005 At long last he admits it, fancy buying a shed on wheels, gave up my caravan as it was a fight finding places on Caravan Club sites all these vans just stopping a couple of nights.
You front garden is going to be my septic tank and waste disposal area.
.Itd 3d Ani W60 Smiles 039

Well, wish me luck I'm off shortly to pick it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyshot

Premium Member
@Skyshot ... where did you tend to stay the night (or longer ) for if you only spent 1 night on a camp .. .is there plenty of places.
I just parked up in quiet areas, lay-bys, out of town car parks, forest car parks, pub car parks (with permission) beauty spots etc.

In Europe, this is quite acceptable and most countries provide areas especially for motorhomes or camping-cars as they're mostly called. This is great because facilities are provided for the disposal of waste and collection of fresh water.

Unfortunately, although not illegal in the UK it is mostly frowned upon due to the many troubles that have been bought about by large groups doing it and not cleaning up after themselves. This means that you just have to be sensible and more sensitive to peoples' misguided opinions. I found arriving late and leaving early to be the best solution.

Im on my 3rd camper van build, first 2 where VW T4 and my new one is a Vauxhall Movano. Fully converted them myself and love it. We try and go away as a family as much as possible.

JAH-WAR

Always on
Premium Member
Ok don't forget to drive at no more than 20mph so that you get a nice convoy going behind ... :exit:
Well, after driving The Stang for a year, I'd have a nose bleed going that slow. Now stick a 1 in front of it and your talking........................................:grin: