1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Mouton Francais

Discussion in 'Plants, Animals & Insects Photography Forum' started by REMF33, Feb 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. REMF33

REMF33 Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Tentatively posting photos for the first time. Normandy sheep. (Which are probably the same as sheep almost anywhere...)

I hope I have posted correctly.

P1010246.jpg

P1010249.jpg

2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Yes, you certainly have. Even your EXIF is showing, which is a good thing. :)

If you are looking for honest critique, I would suggest that the first shot here could have done with the sheep being less centrally posed, as they are looking to our left. The second shot is well posed as they are looking directly at the camera.

3. REMF33

REMF33 Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thank you! I suppose one has to be somewhat quick thinking when taking shots of animals. As you can probably tell, I cropped the one in which they are facing forward, to centre them, but alas no cropping fix for the other shot. A bit more 'headroom' on the first shot might have been better too...?

p.s how does one see the EXIF?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2018
  4. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    You need an exif viewer for whatever browser you are using.. just google "exif viewer for (insert your browser name here)" and download it.
    Paul

REMF33 likes this.
  5. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    A little head room wouldn't hurt, but whatever trees and sky is up there could be distracting.

I haven't seen your original before crop, but here's the best I could do with what you posted. Hope you don't mind.

P1010246.jpg

6. REMF33

REMF33 Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  7. Kevin Fox

Kevin Fox Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nothing like our sheep here. You got some big ones. I agree with Roger on these.

8. David_MC

David_MC Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The 2nd one looks like the cover to their debut music album. Well shot.

9. REMF33

REMF33 Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    They are not pretty. The farmer who owns them mainly 'does' cows for meat. I suspect the sheep are for his own pot. One thing about them though is that, not unlike the local humans, they are inclined to stop and stand very still for a short while, while staring at you. Good from a photography point of view. (I know this isn't a good photo - it's just to illustrate their unprettiness.)

P1020399.jpg

10. David_MC

David_MC Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    That is one for the old nightmares.