1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Moving your website is easy when you know how

Discussion in 'What Works For You & Post Your Website Forum' started by paulmag, Aug 31, 2015.

1. paulmag

paulmag Always on Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Well if you know its easy otherwise you have to read it up get it wrong read how to fix what you broke then fix it.

Eventually I have my site running on 2 servers when I moved it onto the new supposed faster server I had to change the domain name and URL's phewww.

Anyway

My SLOW old site is here http://photos.simark.net/

and the FAST new one is here http://pauter.co.uk/paulsphotos/

Now it seems faster to me as I spent more time on it than I wanted to but is it faster for you.

To those that are up to trying thanks and let me know :)

2. micgos

micgos Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Can't see much difference to be honest although I have quite a lot of tabs open on my browser. Both look good to me.

3. paulmag

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks it may be more noticeable when the servers are busy :) as both seem nippy at the moment the old site more so than normal the new server is supposed to have lower contention ratio and SSL drives sold as a premium version of what I currently have

4. micgos

micgos Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I'll take your word for that. A little bit beyond me to be honest. Does it cost more, that's the question!

5. paulmag

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Yes unfortunately

6. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Both are pretty slow for me at the moment, but the new one loads in about 3 seconds and the old one in about 4. Switching pages takes a second or two on each with the old still showing the loading swirly type icon still after 15 seconds.

paulmag likes this.
  7. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Pointless me trying at the moment. Access is flakey here.

8. paulmag

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    :) I am having issues clicking a thumbnail mobile and getting it to open bigger works fine on desktop same on both installs..............could android have assisted me in an update:(

I am faffing around with the "faster NEW" site at the moment

9. Ogofmole

Ogofmole Always on Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have just tried both of them and I can't really noticed any difference in speed, both opened up quite quickly.

paulmag likes this.
  10. tenchy

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Think I had an email for that. Costs more though yes? In which case I'll stick where I am. Let you all move onto the faster one freeing up old one :)

11. paulmag

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I may bin it yet I can quit it anytime :) I have some stuff that may benefit better

12. paulmag

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I ported another website over (online shop) that was painfully slow and is now very fast almost instant so depends what your site is to how benificial it is

tenchy likes this.
  13. paulmag

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Well I get monthly reports and as its the month end got this the site has only been up for a few hours.

they just love to test wordpress installs for default settings.......as many users dont have the wit to change even the most basic settings

UA is Ukraine

Capture.JPG

14. tenchy

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The bar stewards get on my Wick always try to hack in.