1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

My Last Time At Dungeness?

Discussion in 'Landscape Photography Forum' started by darkhorse, Feb 13, 2018.

1. darkhorse

darkhorse Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    So the other weekend I popped out to one of my favourite odd places to try out the in camera timelapse movie mode and to experiment with a glass sphere I got given as an early fathers day pressie.
    Here's a few of the shots I took and a little video clip which includes the timelapses.
    IMG_0488-framed.jpg
    IMG_0484-framed.jpg
    IMG_0500-framed.jpg
    IMG_0515-HDR-framed.jpg

And Then I came along this sign :( I was about to wandering around the boats like I have been for years. Times they are a changing.
    No Photography.jpeg

2. David_MC

David_MC Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Beautiful images. The one with the sphere is really interesting. Shame about the sign, I wonder why they did that.

darkhorse likes this.
  3. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    As it’s a popular spot for photographers, they probably are trying to drum up income from permits for photographers. Just the way of the world :(

darkhorse likes this.
  4. Phill104

Phill104 Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I must head down there again. Lovely shots

As for the sign, it is £1250 per day to shoot or film there minimum if you are shooting for commercial purposes. Otherwise as a hobby they are fine and charge nothing. I got approached there and the muppets said I was ok as I was not using a tripod. Made me chuckle.

darkhorse likes this.
  5. darkhorse

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks. It is a shame, as I loved wondering around the old boats and sheds.

Thanks. £1250 min per day???? Wow!
    Using a tripod makes you a pro don't ya know o_O

6. steve b

steve b Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Enjoyed the vid, the sphere pic is my pick of the others. Always a strange atmosphere to the photographs I see from there - guess that's the attraction.

darkhorse likes this.
  7. Dean M

Dean M Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    think when i checked about it the shooting and filming was more in relation to the Pro end of things, turning up with a bunch of models, MUA's, assistants etc as opposed to a single tog going about taking a few pics... filing the same, they aren't bothered if its mr joe blogs there with hes vid camera but if George Lucas turned up wanting to film some scenes for the latest starwars movie then they will want to see some cash!

to confirm the wording on official web page
    Does everyone have to pay to film / photograph on the Estate?

If you are simply taking photographs as a hobby or as a holiday snap, you do not have to pay. Otherwise, if the result of your filming/photography is for commercial purposes, as part of a college/university course and/or if it involves a crew or a model, you do need to pay. This applies to fashion and film shoots for private portfolios.
    full details here.. looking at it i think its really there for the purposes of the photo and film industry rather than the individual taking regular landscape pics etc
    http://www.dungenessestate.co.uk/index.php?page=faq

darkhorse likes this.
  8. Pete Larkin

Pete Larkin Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The bauble pic is my favourite - something very different

darkhorse likes this.
  9. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice work. The time lapse was taken in camera?

darkhorse likes this.
  10. Dean M

Dean M Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    just watched the timelapse and couple of things stand out.. one bit looks like its going backwards.. and secondly in regard to the music, it sounds familiar ( reminds me of early pink Floyd ) which if that's the case may cause problems ( copyright if its not free creative commons audio )

darkhorse likes this.
  11. darkhorse

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks. I'm going to have so much fun playing around with the glass ball
    It was. It is so much easier than joining 100s of photos together, though you do have more processing options on the photos than the video version
    Ah, I think I know which one you think is backwards. Its not. The camera is facing almost the opposite direction, making it look like the clouds are moving a different direction. The music I got off the youtube creator section, and is royalty free. there are loads of little song on there, some less cheesy than others :D

Mike Singh likes this.
  12. Dean M

Dean M Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    about halfway tough when facing the sea, there a bit where clouds move opposite way but what made it look backwards was the figure in distance walking along the beach and they go from left to right and it looks like they are walking backwards even though they are just a small blob far away.
    have one of those glass balls too but really not got out to any landscapes to try it properly yet ( just the obligatory indoor xmas tree shot with it.. then again havent been out with camera since july . roll on some reasonable weather and a weekend off work!

darkhorse likes this.
  13. darkhorse

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Now I've rewatched and re-rewatched, and I can't seem to see the bit where it appears to go backwards. Just be assured that it doesn't. :D
    I wonder if its the wave frequency causing an optical effect????
    Ahhh, weekends off work. I work Sat mornings, so that makes it a bit of a wasted day.

14. Dean M

Dean M Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    1 min 25..to around 1:35. my mistake people come from the right to left and because its speeded up its almost like they are going in reverse and with the clouds moving away the illusion gives a reverse effect almost ( or maybe i need to lay off the caffeine :p )

15. darkhorse

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Oh that bit. No, it’s definitely forward as I remember watching the people walking into frame, but now you’ve planted that seed in my head it does look backwards :blurry-drunk::D