1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

My last weekend wedding

Discussion in 'Wedding Images Forum' started by valdano, Dec 9, 2017.

1. valdano

valdano Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hey guys,

Just a few of my faves from last wedding. This couple was amazing and super fun to work with. Let me know what you guys think.

Val.
    _DSC7909.jpg _DSC7760.jpg _DSC7773.jpg _DSC7793.jpg _DSC7815.jpg

Augustwest likes this.
  2. Minor Problem

Minor Problem Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    A nice set. My only crit would be to use a higher af point on the vertical compositions as you seem to have used the centre point and have a lot of empty space above their heads that doesn't add anything to the images.

valdano likes this.
  3. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice set, but not so keen on some of the crops. Really pedantic but in #1 might have liked to have seen them positioned on LHS with more of the length of the dress in and the flowers not cropped off.#2 is great, but in #3 and #4 the crops don't work for me - would perhaps be better more centrally placed IMO. Last is great though.

valdano likes this.
  4. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice shots, but it seems to me that you are using the rule of thirds as a concrete law here. I agree that most of the crops do not work in this set. On the positive side, you have gotten some great expressions and have captured the joy ery well.

valdano likes this.
  5. valdano

valdano Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Interesting that you guys noticed that. You are all right. My centre AF seems to be the only one I can positively rely on so I tend to use it most of the time. My shutter is a little soft so when I try to focus then re-compose it loses focus. As for the first one, after I went into Lightroom to edit I was mad at myself for the composition. I don't know how that one managed to get me like that haha.

Some good points there guys. The vertical ones were intentionally composed like that, but I think based on the feedback, the execution wasn't as tidy as it should have been. I think if I'm going for that look in future, it has to look more intentional. As it is now, it does look more like an accident or poorly composed shot.

Roger S and Minor Problem like this.
  6. Roger S

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It's a workaround, but if all else fails, zoom wide and be prepared to crop a you had intended the shot in the first place. I know I always zoom a little wide to leave room for different crop factors, but you could work just a little wider for safety sake.

valdano and Haripaul like this.
  7. Haripaul

Haripaul Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    If you just crop these to get rid of unwanted space you'll have a great set.

valdano likes this.
  8. valdano

valdano Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    @Roger S - Yes Roger that's an alternative. I shoot with a Nikon D700 so at 12mp it's a little on the smaller size to factor in cropping :). This might very well be my reason to get something with a little more mp. I've never been a large mp fan so I've resisted for a while now. Both my cameras are 12.3mp but I guess I might need to reconsider.

@Haripaul - True, but I'll then be handing the clients 6mp images hahaha

Haripaul and Roger S like this.
  9. Newbandit

Newbandit Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I used to shoot weddings with a D700 and found I could crop stuff no problem. Consider these sort of images rarely make it past a 10 x 8 as a print. In an album they will be even smaller. Crop away. You deffo don't need more MP's

valdano likes this.
  10. Ogofmole

Ogofmole Always on Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I shoot sports with a D700, and have found that I can almost crop a image in half and still print at A3 with good results.

11. gaelldew

gaelldew Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Might be a totally stupid suggestion on my part, but, do you use Back Button focus? easier to recompose. Now I wait to be told that I am. LOL.

12. Kevin Fox

Kevin Fox Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Got to agree with the rest. The last is probably the best of the group just because you didn't cut any body parts off. The D700 is still a nice camera and your having issues with focus, it's rarely the cameras fault. Not sure I'd use it for a paid gig and a wedding if it's that bad. Some wouldn't be happy with the results.

13. Roger S

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I'm still shooting with 5Mp cameras for portraits and weddings. I have loads of room left for crops and still be able to print 8X10. I haven't even tried the 12 Mp camera for that aspect yet. ;)