• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

My Next Door Neighbor.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Nicely done.

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
A very well done HDR Paul, not over the top like a lot are.
I also like his house very much.

Paul

kayak

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Very nice shot, Paul. Nice house too.

Ozzie_Traveller

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
G'day me 'ol mate

I am always interested in seeing how people around the world live / houses / shops etc and this image is a 'real beauty'
btw- I am presuming the illuminations were for your thanksgiving or xmas
Your pic is great - sky detail down to grass ....it's all there so it's a 'well done' from me

We in Downunder-land don't have houses like these ~ we're using regular factory-made bricks rather than this lovely rock facade, so it has a facination for me

Phil

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Glad this thread has made a come back as I've been quite lazy in the last few months and not opened all the threads.

I'm finding the sky rather noisy but having said that someone said - and he was quite right - only photographers see noise. That's a negative (pardon the pun!)

Everything else, though ... Wow!! The colours are interesting and the exposure is excellent. Nothing blown out or too dark. What I'm finding the most interesting is that each light is lighting up its own little area and there are so many of these areas too - I gave up after counting 25!

This would make a lovely jigsaw too.

Paul Mitchell

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Somewhere I have this house before the present owner completely renovated it. Really a LOT of work was done to completely remake it into its present shape. Snips the sky problem you mention was a good catch. I have never been that satisfied with the sky. But I have never been motivated enough to fix it. I really dont like the light and dark areas around the trees. Its a dead giveaway of HDR meddling. Its fixable, but I have other things to do to take my time.

Isac

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Lovely house Paul. Must be special to live next door. HDR processing is very good and like above have mentioned, not over done. I see a lot of HDR images overcooked and it's not to my liking, BUT yours is great and might just put me to the test. TFS.

Paul Mitchell

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Isac it took your post to make me realize I used the wrong image, or gave it the wrong title. The house above is down by the lake about 2 miles away. If Im talking about my next door neighbor I should have used these images.

KeithsHouse.jpg
KeithsHouseNiteHDRLR2.jpg

Last edited:

breeliz

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Oh my... that is a spectacular house and a great image of it. How come I don't own that house??? Dayum!

Isac

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Really good looking house Paul. Love the comparison shots - 2 different times and it makes it look like 2 different worlds.