1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

My recently revamped web site

Discussion in 'What Works For You & Post Your Website Forum' started by Stravinsky, May 8, 2016.

1. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Always open to thoughts on the setup and ease of use, still adding images

www.jonjones.eu

Thanks

caveman likes this.
  2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The site is very clean and loads fast. What more could a guy want? :D

Stravinsky likes this.
  3. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham Ol' Sparky Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice stuff there; pretty quick too.

Stravinsky likes this.
  4. JAH-WAR

JAH-WAR Well-Known Member Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Looks very nice. Don't have time for a right look just now but will have a browse later on.

In the interim, here's a song for yeh. No need to thank me. Enjoy!!! :D;)

5. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    does load quick. On my normal browser window size it defaulted to the mobile style three bars menu. was only about 10 or 20 pixels off the size needed to see the proper menus but is first site to do that to me on my browser window size.

Before resizing I went to one of the galleries (cityscapes) but could nee how to get to page 2. there seemed to be buttons bottom left but are all white for me.

When browser expanded to see desktop style menus, the galleries pulldown (I'm guessing from the down arrow) did nothing for me. Wouldn't click, wouldn't pop down. I allowed all scripts too btw.

I'm running an older firefox, v28.

Stravinsky likes this.
  6. Stravinsky

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thats interesting, just to confirm you're acessing on a mobile phone or pc? I'll pass this on to my web guy once I know. On the bottom of cityscapes I see the white boxes, they shouldnt be there. When you say you cant get to page 2, do you mean one of the other pages, i.e. landscape etc? Thats all done via the drop down.

@tenchy - thanks for bringing that up, the white boxes are because I have a page 2 on that catagory now, didnt notice. The background to those white boxes is being changed to black so the white text is visible. Re the drop down, it's testing OK so I'm guessing that it may possibly be an issue with the very old Firefox version you are running, I think its up to v34 at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  7. paulmag

paulmag Always on Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    :) 46.1 actually Steve is still on the dial up optimised version for 300 baud................I bet it would be differnt if radio based.

Site looks good just not to keen myself on the big image on the About page.........at first you would struggle to see any about and the image is available in other places.........a smaller version or a portrait of the photographer would have been more appropriate...........maybe

Capture-1.jpg

Stravinsky likes this.
  8. Stravinsky

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It's good to hear input
    The page button issue is now fixed, and it's clear what it is.

I get what you say about the image .... that was placed there by the web guy as we were putting in shots to fill the pages before publishing. However I can change and control the images now, so I may well change that. I'm not sure an image of the photographer would do much for sales though :eek:. probably put people off completely :)

9. adambevan

adambevan New Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I loaded it on my ipnone look very professional and load quick. The images where great. Good web site

10. Andy325i

Andy325i Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice work, when viewing the front page though why not make the images when you scroll down clickable so that you can go straight to them? :)

11. Barry Kidd

Barry Kidd Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I was thinking the same thing.

Andy325i likes this.
  12. Stravinsky

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks Andy ... sorry for the delay, been caught up in a few things :)
    Yes, thats an idea ... the idea originally was that the drop downs would do the job. A lot of people that go onto the site actually dont realise that you can scroll down. I'll mention it to the web designer, should be an easy enough fix