1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

My sons wedding , second set

Discussion in 'Wedding Images Forum' started by Tenorplayer, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Tenorplayer

Tenorplayer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Seeing as I wasnt ripped to shreds over set 1, here`s another few mixed shots
    2017_06_03_0989.jpg 2017_06_03_1000.jpg 2017_06_03_1003.jpg 2017_06_03_1040_crop.jpg 2017_06_03_1043.jpg 2017_06_03_1073.jpg

Mike Singh likes this.
  2. Jenbenjen

Jenbenjen Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Again very nice Rob but will give a little bit of advice here if you do another. :). You said about the nightmare of everyone having phones etc and of course this shows in the cake shot with the lady in bg. I always take the b and g straight into the wedding breakfast room after the personals, this way they can see the room set up before anyone else and I can get an empty room shot plus I then do a dummy cake shot with no interruptions, this leaves me free later to photograph the photography circus when they do the real cake cut, so I'm then taking pics of people taking pics of them. Well done on the in car shots - never an easy shot!

Haripaul and balami like this.
  3. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    More good ones and I admire your focusing and exposure skills, etc for the in car shot.

Tenorplayer likes this.
  4. Tenorplayer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The cake was taken to the pub for the evening do after the reception and I never had chance to isolate them Jen. I've already shopped one person out from behind the brides back but the lady was too big a task.
    @Jenbenjen but thanks for the tips :)

5. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I agree with Edward about the cat shot.
    I have always found that if you are getting paid for shooting you have more control but family stuff makes them less controllable.
    You did well. My only crit is the angle of the cake shot o think could have been at a lower angle but that is nothing really in the scale of things.

Tenorplayer likes this.
  6. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have always had a problem with the cell phone cameras and Uncle Bobs at any family wedding. They tend not to take you as seriously as when you are a paid 'tog.

However, in my position as an on site portrait 'tog I learned to keep the camera in burst mode for any particular pose. I shoot a minimum of 5 and as many as 10 in each one. I also wave a free hand and whistle or make funny faces in an attempt to get everyone's attention toward my lens and not Auntie So-and-so's who is always striving for their attention. In the first and last here you were competing for eye contact with someone or something else.

Now, to the good news................... Ya done darned good here otherwise. I think they will be happy. :thumbsup:

Tenorplayer likes this.
  7. Tenorplayer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks Roger, good tips there :)

Roger S likes this.
  8. ed taylor

ed taylor Super Ed Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    You have done a brilliant job there Rob.

Tenorplayer likes this.
  9. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I should have said earlier... Many Congratulations! Must be a thrilling time for you.

Tenorplayer likes this.
  10. Tenorplayer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    @ed taylor

@Snips

Thanks the two Eds, well they do say its better than one :), Yes Ed, was a lovely day and they did us proud :)

Snips likes this.
  11. Haripaul

Haripaul Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice set Rob, not an easy job

Tenorplayer likes this.
  12. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    No
    these look good to me rob

Tenorplayer likes this.
  13. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    @Tenorplayer .. well I like a challenge Rob so had a play with one of your images ....
    2017_06_03_1073.jpg

2017_06_03_1073a.jpg

Paul

14. Carmen

Carmen Forum Geek :) Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi Rob. Looks like a challenging but rewarding day. For me the car shots could do with a little exposure lift for your son as he's in the shadows. The in car shot the child is a bit out of the DOF but I can see you're struggling for light there so stopping down would be tricky. I can imagine she was probably constantly moving too. The expressions on their faces are great though relief and happiness together.

The lady on her own needs a little exposure lift for me and her expression looks miles away, I can see it's a grab shot but maybe shooting landscape with a slightly wider angle to the side to get something of a suggestion of the scene in in the direction of her gaze could make something a bit more of it.

The couple shot is great, great framing, natural looking exposure and engaging expressions to the camera.

Cake shot has a great expression from the bride, the edit on the background above was a great job ,but a lot of work!! I can see finding a good angle in those circumstances would be difficult, I would have tried to get more face on so that the cake and bride/groom mostly behind would fill the frame but perhaps you can't actually get in a position like this.

15. Tenorplayer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks for the advice Carmen, great tips there @Carmen
    And @rebel06 , I`m so sorry Paul and Carmen, for the tardiness of this reply, I didn`t actually see the last two posts from you and Carmen, you did a superb edit here and you must feel aggrieved that I hadn`t responded. So again, apologies, great job.
    :bravo-2:

16. beersurgeon

beersurgeon Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    excellent shots!

Tenorplayer likes this.
  17. MLP-Dean

MLP-Dean New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I enjoyed viewing your photos!
    Thanks for sharing.

Dean

Tenorplayer likes this.
  18. Shaunmbs

Shaunmbs Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  19. rebel06

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    @Shaunmbs ...Thanks ... It's just a matter of cloning ..... If you give it time it works out quite well ..... but you need enough uncluttered bg to clone from.
    Paul

20. rebel06

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    No Problem Rob ... knew you would get round to it eventually ... lol
    Paul

21. Shaunmbs

Shaunmbs Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Well I think it’s perfect, hardly noticeable in my opinion. I can see some parts where cloning has occurred but I think if you hadn’t seen the original it would not Ben noticeable at all. Certainly way out of my skill set so a big well done from me.

rebel06 likes this.
  22. Aaron Flook

Aaron Flook New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Very nice, on the cake picture there is not much you could do about the people, except maybe using a faster lens like a l.8 wide open to isolate the couple. The couple would have had great focus but the people in the back would be out of focus and not drawing your eye as much. That being said the photos are very good!

23. Tenorplayer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I agree, but unfortunately. My lenses are all zooms with a maximum F4 , but thanks for the comments

24. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice work Rob.

Tenorplayer likes this.
  25. Tenorplayer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)