1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

My Sons

Discussion in 'Portrait Images Forum' started by Bobman, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Bobman

Bobman Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Just back from a lovely walk with the family. Trying out my new camera and portraiture which I am particularly week at. Hence all C+C welcome.

DSC_8067.jpg DSC_8068.jpg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    SharonH likes this.
  2. JAH-WAR

JAH-WAR Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I'm no portrait expert but I'd be very happy with them. A golden rule I was told (by a pro portrait taker and someone on here mentioned it too) was not to cut/crop through joints so the shoulder in the second might be a slight concern. The crop could be either tighter or looser to resolve. Still, overall damn fine pictures.

Dirty Leeds supporter too.:D Hopefully they'll get back to the Prem for next season where they belong.

Snips likes this.
  3. Bobman

Bobman Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks for the reply and thats the type of advice I was after re the composition/crop. Massive Leeds fans these two and will be the fist time they have seen the mighty whites in the prem unlike Dad who reminisces of league title and champions league.

4. Stephen F

Stephen F Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Two competent shots and lovely and sharp on the eyes with nice bohka ( defused background ) Like the first more for the composition and the skin tones, in the second shot the skin tones seem a little over exposed , which should be an easy fix but both pleasing shots.

5. oneoone

oneoone Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    the 2nd is by far the best, really good shooting :)

6. Walter Palmer

Walter Palmer New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Great start! Color balance looks cold to me. And a touch overexposed. These are good images. You might also try having the boys doing something so they look more 'natural setting' than staring at a camera. Just something as simple as talking to each other helps make them look like themselves - rather than their 'Stepford Selves'.

7. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Love the eyes and matching hat colours!

I supported them when I was about 10 - in the days of Peter Lorimer but judging by your sons' ages you'll have to look him up. Found the darker side more recently of Newcastle but if I'm honest I couldn't name a single player now! Just relieved they're not in the relegation zone - at least they weren't last Monday :)

Check out the comments above then get these printed. A 5x4/10x8 is a flattering crop (portrait or landscape) for portrait shots in my opinion.

8. Isac

Isac Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    They look a bit overly bright but like was mentioned above, very easy to fix. I like the way you have presented these in landscape, to me it suits the images.

9. RusticSummer

RusticSummer Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    You're off to a great start.

I'm not calibrated but the wb looks a little cool to me, although I love how blue his eyes are.

It looks like you were shooting in flat light, so a great tip would be to have him look upwards slightly in order to get a catchlight in the eyes, alternatively you could have him close to a building or other structure to introduce some shading on one side of his face.

I love the depth of field and you got the eyes perfectly sharp so well done.