• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Want Pointers My take on the British Museum

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
You need to clone all those people out Don, then covert to mono :)
Seriously though, I know the very place in the museum you took this from, visited last year. Did you take any other shots (closer up) of the stairwell/windows, some interesting shapes to be had?

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
Love the shot. Amazing place too, been there plenty with the kids. Always weird to see the photographs from before the roof too.

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Shutterstock?
Too much competition: 27,855 British museum stock photos

BTW, on the wall it calls this the Weston Family Great Court. Yes, that Weston Family. To those in the UK, they own Selfidge's but over here they own a large bakery company, a grocery store chain (Loblaws and related brands) a pharmacy chain (Shoppers Drug Mart), and an upscale department store (Holt Renfrew).

You need to clone all those people out Don, then covert to mono :)
Seriously though, I know the very place in the museum you took this from, visited last year. Did you take any other shots (closer up) of the stairwell/windows, some interesting shapes to be had?
None of them listened to me when I yelled out the window to all move to the left. :) I did take some others, I have at least one of the little window I was taking this photo from as well. We did not get to visit a whole lot of the museum, but I did see the Rosetta stone. My daughter wanted to go to the Manga exhibit advertised on the banner, but it had sold out for the day.

Great viewpoint Don.
Thanks!
G'day Don

Very impressive - both your pic and the building itself

Phil
Thanks. As I said, it has been done before :)

Great shot Don and really good composition
Thanks!

Love the shot. Amazing place too, been there plenty with the kids. Always weird to see the photographs from before the roof too.
Thanks. I wish we had longer to spend there.