1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

My website - crit welcome

Discussion in 'What Works For You & Post Your Website Forum' started by DKH Photography, Jan 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DKH Photography

DKH Photography Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I have varying feedback on my website and am constantly in two-minds on changing or not.

Would love your thoughts:
    http://www.dkh-photography.com

Thanks in advance.

2. photodiva

photodiva Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    What's with all the SEO "wedding photographer blah blah" over the images?

3. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The wedding photography links (Hertfordshire, Maidstone, Nottingham etc) on first impression look as if they belong to other wedding photographers until you click on the links and see your logo, just slightly confusing (at least for me)

4. GarryN

GarryN Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The links along the top - they seem to be links to galleries of images but the titles are confusing. I'm wondering why they are called things like "Hertfordshire Wedding Photographers", I would expect to see a list of photographers doing Weddings in Hertfordshire rather than seeing a collection of wedding images, presumably taken in Hertfordshire. Also you have one called 'Kent Wedding Photographer' and another called 'Wedding Photographer Kent' - what's the difference? I think you need to titles these links more appropriately.
    It's not immediately obvious that those heading links scroll horizontally, until you notice the little arrows under them at the right.

The main title on the front page is 'London Wedding Photographers', again, this suggests a group of photographers who do weddings in London, not an individual business. Same applies to the links at the bottom, these are links to galleries, not to photographers. It's almost like you are using these phrases specifically for SEO purposes to get the phrases mentioned on the front page, but they're not really relevant to the content.
    The links on the Gallery page appear to be the same links that are along the top of the front page with the same titles. It seems incongruous to have links entitled by county where others are entitled by town or even a specific church. I think you should stick to one form of naming be that the town, the church, the county or the name of the couple, but mixing them seems strange.

Your about page is titled 'About London Wedding Photographer'. Why refer to yourself by something other than your name or business name? Is London your main focus, is there a link somewhere else for 'About Kent Wedding Photographer' if so are they Dilip or DHK or indeed, someone else? (get someone else to spell check your pages as it is often difficult to notice your own mistakes, for instance 'whispered' is spelled wrongly).
    The pricing page says the same, London Wedding Photographers price list, is anyone not in London going to need to look for another page for the prices for Hertfordshire, wouldn't it be better to say 'DHK Photography Pricing'? (albums is misspelled)

Other than that, the website looks neat and crisp, the images load quickly for me, which is great and you have loads of great images there.

5. GarryN

GarryN Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    you're welcome!

Snips likes this.
  6. GFM

GFM Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    On my machine this loads rather slowly. Once loaded, all good. I am not the type who would read all you wrote there. But easy enough, I can skip what I do not want to read and focus on the rest.
    GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.