• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

My website is LIVE :)

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I don't normally comment on websites - no particular reason - but hopefully this little picky bits will assist.

First of all, I like it - a fresh feel, easy reading and good photographs giving the viewer and potential customers a good idea of the sort of photography they can expect from you.

Home page - focussing. The spelling in the UK is with one S but (I googled this) it is becoming more common to have two S's. From what I read, if you're trying to portray quality one S is better. This is all to do with the last 10-15 years or so of English, and especially spelling, becoming a more universal language. I noticed the two S's immediately as I was taught to use one. Extremely picky I know but first and immediate impressions count for so much and I thought you might want to think about which spelling to use. I'm not saying one or the other is better.

About - you've learned the rules and how to break them. It might be better to use "photography rules" as someone might think you mean something completely different.

Wedding portfolio - good photographs! If me I'd move the couple on the stairs much higher up as this, to me, is one of the best images you have. I would have all the immediately apparent wedding shots further up with children, cars, etc further down.

Re your portfolio, again if me, your perfume shot should be the first one as it shows your diversity and it's a really strong image. I also think the girls with the flowers should be much higher up. The reason for these orders is to keep people wanting to scroll down to see more. In my opinion, these are your better images. Perhaps, also, have a small description of each photo, either the background story as to why you took it or whatever. Give the reader something to keep them on your page a little longer. That helps with SEO stuff.

Pricing - it's a difficult one as to whether you put prices there or not. So many people want to know the price but if someone sees it and thinks, too expensive, they'll move on. Too cheap a price? Move on to a (perceived) better photographer because their price is higher. Sometimes it's best to have people contact you (a little off-putting for some I appreciate) but it gives you a chance to sell yourself before a price is mentioned. I encourage people to contact me and when they do I suggest a face to face meeting where I can find out what they want before committing myself to a price. Your wording reads that you might be negotiable so it might not be sensible to put advertise your price.

Also, there's an extra space after Mount Everest.

Journal - this is in a different font to the rest of your website - quite possibly on purpose though.

Finally, the navigation bar at the top looks a little untidy being on two lines (on my iPad when in landscape mode). Perhaps change Services & Pricing to just Services?

It's obvious the website has plenty of thought gone into it and full marks for what you've done.

the voyager

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
I don't normally comment on websites - no particular reason - but hopefully this little picky bits will assist.

First of all, I like it - a fresh feel, easy reading and good photographs giving the viewer and potential customers a good idea of the sort of photography they can expect from you.

Home page - focussing. The spelling in the UK is with one S but (I googled this) it is becoming more common to have two S's. From what I read, if you're trying to portray quality one S is better. This is all to do with the last 10-15 years or so of English, and especially spelling, becoming a more universal language. I noticed the two S's immediately as I was taught to use one. Extremely picky I know but first and immediate impressions count for so much and I thought you might want to think about which spelling to use. I'm not saying one or the other is better.

About - you've learned the rules and how to break them. It might be better to use "photography rules" as someone might think you mean something completely different.

Wedding portfolio - good photographs! If me I'd move the couple on the stairs much higher up as this, to me, is one of the best images you have. I would have all the immediately apparent wedding shots further up with children, cars, etc further down.

Re your portfolio, again if me, your perfume shot should be the first one as it shows your diversity and it's a really strong image. I also think the girls with the flowers should be much higher up. The reason for these orders is to keep people wanting to scroll down to see more. In my opinion, these are your better images. Perhaps, also, have a small description of each photo, either the background story as to why you took it or whatever. Give the reader something to keep them on your page a little longer. That helps with SEO stuff.

Pricing - it's a difficult one as to whether you put prices there or not. So many people want to know the price but if someone sees it and thinks, too expensive, they'll move on. Too cheap a price? Move on to a (perceived) better photographer because their price is higher. Sometimes it's best to have people contact you (a little off-putting for some I appreciate) but it gives you a chance to sell yourself before a price is mentioned. I encourage people to contact me and when they do I suggest a face to face meeting where I can find out what they want before committing myself to a price. Your wording reads that you might be negotiable so it might not be sensible to put advertise your price.

Also, there's an extra space after Mount Everest.

Journal - this is in a different font to the rest of your website - quite possibly on purpose though.

Finally, the navigation bar at the top looks a little untidy being on two lines (on my iPad when in landscape mode). Perhaps change Services & Pricing to just Services?

It's obvious the website has plenty of thought gone into it and full marks for what you've done.
Great feedback thank you!
Never knew about the double SS thing.
Going to crack a beer open and go over all the points. Been a long day getting this this site looking how it looks. Still needs more but I have learned my lesson not to 'fet' about with things that don't matter too much.
Thanks again!

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Edward @Snips has just about covered all the nitty gritty points that I could see by going through your site. I have to second his thoughts on pricing being right up front. It's much better to allow yourself some negotiating room by having the client contact you in regards to cost. Other than the little stuff, it's clean, easy to navigate and informative. I like it.