1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Need Help with Lightroom

Discussion in 'Photoshop & Editing Chat Forum' started by KY Chan, Mar 19, 2017.

1. KY Chan

KY Chan Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Everything was fine until I upgraded to Win 10 and reinstall Lightroom.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Everything exported now looks more vibrant and saturate, unlike the preview in Lightroom shows. What seems to be the problem?

[Shot on: Sony A6000 .ARW]

2. Snips

IOTM

Snips Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I don't know all the ins and outs but I suspect it will be something to do with the display properties.

3. Kevin Fox

Kevin Fox Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Go into preferences under the performance tab. Is that box checked that says lesser quality just for editing or something like that? Mine got checked by itself on the last update. Also check if your color pallet is RGB or Adobe.

4. MikeB

MikeB Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I believe that the issue may simply be that Microsoft is using different color management standards than Adobe. This is a fundamental problem with the sRGB standard both with applications and web browsers. The Microsoft application could simply be adding saturation to make photos look better. The standards for sRGB have been updated several times and many applications have not kept up.

If this was from 2 different display devices then I would say it is a calibration issues. Here, I believe it is just some incompatibility with color management. In Lightroom, be sure that under the "Print to:" banner and under "Color Management" be sure to identify the Profile as sRGB and the Intent as Relative.

5. KY Chan

KY Chan Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    @Kevin Fox Everything looks normal under the hood, I tried checking the box and uncheck it to see the difference. Nope, issue is not from there.

@MikeB Yes, that may be the problem. But just double check, I exported the jpeg to my mobile devices and it all look exactly the same with MS Photos is showing, does this mean that the issue might come from LR?

6. KY Chan

KY Chan Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Any suggestion where to start troubleshoot? I tried all the basics but still no good

7. MikeB

MikeB Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Unlikely that Lightroom is the problem. Lightroom actually uses the specified ICC Profiles and Tags for sRGB whereas many other browsers and applications do not. It is an inherent problem with the use of sRGB. To ensure that you are displaying it correctly requires that your display device be tested and calibrated.

Lightroom, Photoshop, and other professional-oriented photo editors incorporate accurate color management as the backbone of their applications.

A good introduction to color management:
    www.color-management-guide.com/introduction-color-management.html

Some Adobe Technical Papers:
    dba.med.sc.edu/price/irf/Adobe_tg/manage/devprofile.html

helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/color-management.html

www.adobe.com/digitalimag/pdfs/color_managed_raw_workflow.pdf

For a deep dive into the subject, a chapter from "Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Photographers" (by Martin Evening) is online at www.photoshopforphotographers.com/pscs6/downloads/colormanage.pdf

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017 at 1:02 PM
    slipper likes this.