1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Need Help with Olympus Pen EE3

Discussion in 'Film and Vintage Forum' started by Claire1015, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Claire1015

Claire1015 New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi there!
    I bought a Olympus pen ee3 a couple of months ago and have been trying to figure out how to use it. I read the manual and everything, but just can't figure out how to wind the camera properly. I was able to successfully wind at one point and even got the film counter to go up to 1. But afterwards, I don't know if I did something wrong or something else, because now I can no longer move the black winder to the rightand when I press down the shoot button, it doesn't make a clicking sound (it makes a sound but not the sound it makes when it takes an actual photo). Additionally, the small black button on the bottom of the camera body is pushed in. As a result, I am unable to wind the camera and get the counter to 1, so that I can actually shoot some pictures.

Can anybody help me figure out a solution?
    Thanks!

2. BriPriUK

BriPriUK Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Claire
    The small black button on the bottom is the rewind button, which you press to rewind the film back into the cassette after shooting. It would appear to be stuck in, which is disabling the wind-on. It sounds like a faulty spring inside the camera. It may not be worth getting it fixed, but you may be able to pull it out manually.

Brian

Andy 0 and balami like this.
  3. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hello Claire and WELCOME to the forum. As suggested, the spring behind the little black button sounds like it's stuck. If you can get it open, you may be able to shift it or loosen it.