1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

New Lightroom and Photoshop released

Discussion in 'Photography News Forum' started by DonS, Oct 16, 2018.

1. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    New Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic version 8. I think the biggest change is a new process version that affects the Dehaze tool the most. They have improve Canon tethering and you can now Merge to HDR Panorama which sounds interesting. Also, support for new Nikon and Canon mirrorless cameras.

I never looked at the list of PS updates because I just do not care :)

Mike Singh likes this.
  2. Phill104

Phill104 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have just installed and so far it is looking good. In PS the new content aware fill is a lot of fun.

A nice video explaining some of the features -

DonS likes this.
  3. Hatter

Hatter Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I think I'll have to seriously think about replacing my 9 year old iMac now - the new versions won't run on it. :(

Mike Singh likes this.
  4. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    As ever, I'll wait for a week or two to see if there are bug postings.

As always there are new camera updates.

And bug fixes. Beats me why they can't get a large fly swat and make sure there are no bugs in the next version.

Bug fixes ... ad nauseum. Why couldn't they fix 'em last time?

Mike Singh likes this.
  5. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have heard of one bug for the new fuji XT3, changing the WB to anything other than ‘as shot’ results in a greenish tint. It works fine if you convert it to DNG via Iridient X transformer first though. Apparently adobe are aware of this....

6. Phill104

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    You fix one bug, another arises. Software development is a pain in the Harris. The most frustrating ones are when you fix something and another team member for some unexplained reason is doing there but of development using old code. Suddenly you find what you have fixed has returned three generations later. Still, at least no Adobe product is deleting all your files on upgrade.....

7. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham Ol' Sparky Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I've looked at it on line but not bit the bullet to upgrade Lightroom yet, and really I'm not in any rush at the moment; I've still not got a production rig running Mojave yet and what with the raft of software that's been updated of late (nearly everything I use on production stuff) I'm hanging off until I get some free time to bash all the headaches at once.

Or there's the third vector, Phil, user system deployment... It's one thing doing Alpha work on development rigs, then Beta work on "clean" systems but when it comes to release to public there's always a group of folk who've got problems with something because their systems have something else on them that causes shenanigans (the hooky MS Office activator on Win10 which keeps changing the proxy settings is one that I've run in to a lot recently).

8. Phill104

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Seeing that one almost daily at the moment.

DonS likes this.
  9. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I really wonder if the photography world needs all the new gadget camera gear and software.

I see nothing new in CC that would warrant using it above CS6 and in most cases back to CS3 and Elements.

This is for high end designers, high end large work flows and not for photography in most cases.
    All of the filters like de-haze and all other contrast and colour manipulation is all based on Curves, which can achieve everything with a little knowledge.

As for Lightroom, Bridge and ACR will do it, just looks pretty and a lot slower.

At least the Canadians can chill out now they can get legal weed oil and forget about all the hype that this photography stuff bombarded us with.

DonS likes this.
  10. Phill104

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Ah, but will the weed help Canadians to speak correctly. If I watch another youtube video where the presenter says 1.4x (pronouncing it as "ex" instead of times) I will be forced to slap Canadians in the same boat language wise as Merkans.

11. DonS

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    9 years is a good run.

Hatter likes this.
  12. DonS

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Dude....... :) We are in the middle with language. Some things are the proper way, others the American way. We use "re" and "our" but tend to use a 'z' instead of 's' in words like organize. Some even say zee instead of zed. I corrected one of my daughter's teachers on that! I agree above, it should be times no matter who is saying it because that is the only thing that makes sense, i.e. 1.4 times magnification, not 1.4 ex.

Phill104 likes this.
  13. oldgeezer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    @DonS this says a lot about the banks Don :whistle3:

The first few minutes !!!!!!!!!!!

DonS likes this.
  14. DonS

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    This is not about reading, it is about math. How many 8ths in an inch, seriously? The construction industry here still does everything in imperial but most tape measures have both inches and centimetres.

15. oldgeezer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    My post should have said Yanks.
    You know they only have wars to teach their people geography.

16. Phill104

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    There is an Americanism, here it is maths or mathematics.

17. DonS

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I admit is sounds weird hearing you say maths. Mathematics is the full form of the word, but shortened to maths is never done.

18. Phill104

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Math sounds weird to us. We see it as plural noun, as is mathematics. We would not shorten a plural to a singular.

I do find language interesting, particularly its evolution. I am far from a purist, as long as each side can understand each other surely that is the point. I remember reading fondly the books of Arthur Conan Doyle in my teenage years and sniggering every time someone ejaculated.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  19. DonS

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hey, some real tape measure info:

https://lifehacker.com/discover-the...e&utm_source=lifehacker_copy&utm_campaign=top

Ok, me too, except I have been listening to them as audiobooks on the drive to work. Men: fully matured at age 12 :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2018
    Phill104 likes this.