1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Newcastle street scene

Discussion in 'City/Street/Architecture' started by imagesBV, Mar 27, 2019.

1. imagesBV

imagesBV Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    This was taken in Newcastle while walking between the Biscuit Factory and Laing Gallery....not sure if I've uploaded the correct size etc.
    All criticism and comments welcome....
    (this is my first post here by the way)

Newcastle street scene.jpg

SharonH likes this.
  2. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I love Newcastle! Only been three times but am looking forward to returning, hopefully next year.

This is Bad (graffiti) and Good at the same time. It's really arty and the paint colours and shapes are fascinating with the dribbles. The words and letters, etc make it interesting too.

Not sure if the car adds to this (does it add to the story?) or maybe an empty road would make the building look more desolate.

Good photograph and I like the post processing.

3. imagesBV

imagesBV Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thanks Snips....Newcastle is a fantastic city, I was a bit reticent in posting this and naming the location as it painted it in a bad light.
    I think the place might look completely abandoned if the car had been left out.....but yes it would work without it and reinforce the abandoned idea.
    Thanks for your comments!

4. Peter Harper

Peter Harper New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I always hated see graffiti on buildings in person, but I love seeing them on pictures of buildings

5. Banjo Ryan

Banjo Ryan Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice one, love the mood and drama, and the muted colours. I also like the car and the sweeping road.