1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Night-time - emergency flight to hospital

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Auto-mobiles Photography Forum' started by Ozzie_Traveller, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Ozzie_Traveller

Ozzie_Traveller Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day all

All across the world we have emergency flights to help take critical patients quickly to hospital - the other night I was close to one such Aussie hospital

1) Chopper approaching the helipad
    [​IMG]
    exif for both images ... Panny FZ-200; 1/40s x F2,8; lens @ 415mm [FF Equiv]; ISO 3200; hand-held

2) Close to touchdown
    [​IMG]

As always feedback welcome
    Phil from the great land Downunder

2. Arthur.36

Arthur.36 Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I have not had the chance to see this but coming from a small town it is understandable.
    But I would have like these to be clearer as its looks like a lot of noise in both shots.
    And I can work out the the ID numbers of the chopper.
    But as horrible as this sounds I would love to see one but this would mean some one is in a bad way.
    So I am happy not having to see one on that point alone.

3. Ozzie_Traveller

Ozzie_Traveller Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day Arthur

Yes - you're correct in that there's easily seen noise in both shots
    The thing that contually amazes me is the change from film days to these days > I was recently looking at some High Speed Ektachrome slides that I push-processed to 1600-ISO "way back when" and the grain was like the proverbial dogs' appendages - and here I/we are today shooting at ISO-3200 and higher, and thinking it's no big deal

The other thing that excites me is the lenses of today - here I am shooting on a camera type not around in film camera days, with a lens that was unheard of back then too

To have a camera today whose lens gives me an image equivalent to a film camera at 600mm, but this lens operates at [the unheard of] F2,8 maximum aperture blows my mind [well it used to ... I've become used to it these days]

Phil from the great land Downunder

4. Arthur.36

Arthur.36 Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I took only a handful of shots during the film days and everything was like the point and shots ones of today.
    My father inlaw was a film buff and knew each setting to get a good clear shot.
    I bet If he was still around he could have said each setting your shots were on.

Me on the other hand would be totally lost and I have said this many time.
    Its is that a person who grew up taking photo's with film are far better than those who like me have grown up with digital.
    I say this because we can move a dial and if its no good delete it.
    Do it on a film camera and you still pay.

I have some shots from when I 1st started in this hobby and what I thought was so good then,
    Are today so far off the mark that its not funny.
    And for me I am just a hobbiest at best, but I still like to get good results.
    So I do my best and I do it for me and if its liked by other that okay.