1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Nik Dfine V Topaz Denoise

Discussion in 'Photoshop & Editing Chat Forum' started by Flyer, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Flyer

Flyer Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    I've had Nik Dfine 2.0 for quite a while, but recently with all the chat about noise on the forum and several people getting good results with Topaz Denoise I decided to download the free trial of Denoise and run it alongside Define. As far as I can see you can reach the same end result with both plugins, the Denoise if anything has a slight edge in speed due to it have the presets to choose from. This is purely a personal opinion and I'm sure others would differ. Being as I already have the Nik suite I won't be buying the Denoise when the trial expires purely on not seeing the point of the expense.

tenchy likes this.
  2. paulmag

paulmag Always on Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    So basically if you have one there is no advantage in having the other :)

3. Flyer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    In a nutshell no Paul JMHO

4. Jenbenjen

Jenbenjen Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    fair comment :) and good to hear that they both do the job they are intended to do

5. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    If you have CS5 or 6 or Lightroom4 you won't need them.

6. Flyer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    I do have lightroom4 Pete but at the moment only on my laptop as my desktop is on XP which won't run LR4 so I've got the Nik suite on both, my PS is just plain old CS good point though ;)

7. Blofeld

Blofeld Forum Photobomber Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    Was just about to say LR4 does a blinding job.

8. oldgeezer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    I used every plugin for noise until CS5 so I know what you mean. I also had XP running CS5 but was well Peed off when LR4 and CS6 wouldn't run on the PC.

Problem with upgrading is the cost but Lightroom4 came with a nice price but it cost me a new PC..............but I got CS6 for nothing, on a special from Adobe.

9. Flyer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    I'm hoping to get a new desktop after Christmas running Windows7 all being well. I could upgrade what I've got but the machines a little long in the tooth anyway.

10. royalpython

royalpython Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    Any chance of a Lr4 noise removal video? I find topaz cleans up much nicer somehow, retaining good detail, but if i can do it in lightroom... i will... :)

11. oldgeezer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    I'll get onto it soon. I usually use ACR and bridge but Lightroom is identical anyway.

royalpython likes this.
  12. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    I like Dfine too here. Good to hear you think topaz is not better, saves trialling another.