1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Nikon P1000 24-3000mm Camera Announced

Discussion in 'Photography News Forum' started by MikeB, Jul 10, 2018.

1. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    For the bird photographer who doesn't want to mortgage the house or sell the children here's a camera that will capture birds at a distance and a nat's whiskers close up. Now you can get that close up of the king of the jungle without feeling his warm breath on your lens. An impressive 24-3000mm (equivalent) focal range, 16mp, ISO 100-6400, f/2.8-8 lens, an electronic viewfinder, a 3.2" vari-angle LCD screen, optical vibration stabilization, it will do 4k video, and it has wi-fi.

The lens extends so much it will make most men blush and women giggle.

https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-products/product/compact-digital-cameras/coolpix-p1000.html

https://www.engadget.com/2018/07/10/nikon-coolpix-p1000-superzoom-125x/

Mike Singh likes this.
  2. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    That is some reach. I wonder what the image quality is like at 3000 mm?
    Mike

3. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I saw that pop up this morning, and it sounds great. With a suggested retail of $1,000 US it will get some quick buyers.

Mike Singh likes this.
  4. Ogofmole

Ogofmole Always on Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Some of these cameras with large zooms, still produce some great images, my wife has a Lumix TZ40 compact and even on full zoom it takes nice sharp images.

Mike Singh likes this.
  5. Mike Singh

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  6. Rob Nelson

Rob Nelson Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Crikey,if they get much longer you'll be able to see your own backside.

7. Mike Singh

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  8. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham Ol' Sparky Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    That's a fair interesting camera, the 4K is interesting, also the RAW as well as cabled control it could be a good way to dip the toes in the water for stellar-photography.

Mike Singh likes this.
  9. JimGarnett

JimGarnett Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Maybe I'm reading some early reviews wrong but I'm seeing a massive delay from when you press the shutter release to when the photo is captured - 3.5 seconds according to one review. Anyone actually had their paws on an early camera and care to correct or enlighten me?

10. Ozzie_Traveller

Ozzie_Traveller Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day Jim

I've just sqwizzed the initial reviews on DP Review.com and cannot see any refs to "3.5 seconds" tho they may be tucked away somewhere. It could be a ref to "switching on and then zooming out the entire 3000mm of lens" sort of thing ... in which case one might ask 'how long would a dSLR user take to lift their 3000mm lens onto a tripod and set up. [but I am guessing here]

Overall I would expect that the camera / lens package would be 'quite okay for that sort of thing' otherwise Nikon would not put it to market. And [as a died-in-the-wool superzoom user] it certainly won't take long for those who have a need for very-very long lenses to start using one of these cameras

Hope this helps
    Phil from the great land Downunder