1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Nikon P900

Discussion in 'Camera Reviews Forum' started by Arthur.36, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Arthur.36

Arthur.36 Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I got this camera due to my big Tamron 155/600mm lens got broken and I done a little research and found this camera. Only to find out it was the same camera that friends of ours had 2 of them and we went on a holiday paid by them.
    But the penny never dropped until my wife said she thought that they had them. And it worked out it was.
    The couple of down sides to this is the sensor being a little small but this would not bother you if you had no other camera. I have got a Sony A77ii so I do notice the difference. Another thing is the flash is a little sloppy as it can be moved about a little. Only a minor thing but its there. And I think that you have to zoom out close on nearly every time you take a shot of something new.
    I could really see this sort of thing taking over in the long run as all you have to remeber would be an extra battery and maybe another memory card.
    I love my Sony and I am falling for the Nikon real quick.
    So here are a couple of shots one was taken at home early in the morning and the other one was taken after we went for an hours drive for lunch.
    Euston Trip 28-09-2018 (11).JPG Euston Trip 28-09-2018 (134) - Copy.JPG

2. Ozzie_Traveller

Ozzie_Traveller Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day Arthur

Oh mate - how 'awful' to be walking around with such a fabulous camera ... even if it's got a small sensor :) :)

I have used superzoom / bridge cameras [plus dSLRs] since going digital about 15 yrs ago, and nowadays I use the superzoom almost exclusively. Back in film camera days I had 2 bodies and a bevy of lenses from 24mm to 1000mm and it needed 2 carry cases for it all. Now [just like you] I have it all in 1 reasonable-sized camera > and you are describing it perfectly with the Nikon P900. I suggest that you shout loudly "I'm a lucky fella and I have a bluddy great camera in my hand"

To be able to shoot a) water skiers in the distance and b) insects in closeup all with the same camera and 'real easy mate' is one of the wonderful things with today's digital imagery world

Keep going mate - your pics are well worth seeing here [and very probably on your lounge room wall as well]
    Phil from the great land Downunder

Arthur.36 likes this.
  3. Arthur.36

Edit my images ?:
    No
    It is one camera I am willing to praise up as much as I can. The shots used were just to show how much of a change you can make without the need of a lens change.
    I now want to learn how to do it a little more on Manual mode as its my preferred way.
    The moon shots so far a little hit and miss but this is largely down to me and not the camera.
    And I will say this will be the way to go in the future as when it get out there about these and how good they are people will start to get rid of their DSLR's.

I think these have their place and its not as some may say in the bridge camera. I think these are a stand alone and could well be put up against a DSLR one.
    Yes the small sensor might lose a point here and there but if as I said its your only camera then you wont even notice it.
    I seriously did look at the Nikon P1000 and that has an even bigger zoom.
    But I never thought that extra zoom was worth close to double the buying price.
    But thats u to who ever want to get one.
    As I think this is the future.

4. mikew

mikew Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Lindsay Pennell and Arthur.36 like this.
  5. Arthur.36

Edit my images ?:
    No

6. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Too many people (even some on here) trash the Bridge Camera, I love my Canon sx50, fits in my pocket, can zoom to 1200mm .... wide angle at 24mm .... take close up's almost touching the lens .... With my Canon 70D I would need a large camera bag to be able to cover the same ... not to mention the cost ..... sometimes small is beautiful (that's what the Wife tells me anyway) ... lol

Arthur.36 likes this.