1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

NON VR, VR or VR2 with my Nikon D3300

Discussion in 'Photography & Camera Basics Forum' started by ToonPatriot, Apr 21, 2017 at 1:14 PM.

1. ToonPatriot

ToonPatriot New Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Hi all. First post. As a newbie to anything more than point and shoot, I have decided to buy a D3300. I had considered the D3400 for the connectivity, but I can't warrant paying an extra £100 for wifi! That said, if anybody specifically thinks this is a poor choice, I am willing to listen!

My main boggle is the lens choices I have:

1. 18-55mm non-VR £330
    2. 18-55mm VR £350
    3. 18-55mm VR2 £370

is it woth going for the VR2 for the extra cash?

Thanks for your help guys, I look forward to contributing more to this forum as I become more experienced!

Apologies about the autocorrect in the title!!!

2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    No problem. It's fixed now. ;)

3. mikew

mikew Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The only thing i would say is you may upgrade the body at some point and its possible the VR2 could be more compatible with future bodies.

4. Kevin Fox

Kevin Fox Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I agree. The lens can make or break a kit. You buy lenses for the future. If your really interested in photography, you'll be upgrading the body soon. Go for the better glass.

5. ToonPatriot

ToonPatriot New Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
  6. gaelldew

gaelldew Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Roger S likes this.