• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Not a good auto week - had a collision this morning

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
On the way to work. The simple story: it was my fault, I hit someone from behind.

The longer story, I was on my way to work, just on the highway and changing from one set of lanes to another (transfer lanes we call them that go between a set of lanes that have on and off ramps to a set of lanes that do not) traffic was a bit lighter than normal but still on the heavy side and not moving very fast. The car was warming up and I took my hat off and put it on the passenger seat, looking at the seat to put it down. In that second or so traffic stopped and I did not see it until too late. The road was wet from drifting snow across it and I could not stop or avoid hitting them.

I will need at least a new bumper and grill. The other car, Hyundai Elantra, bumper and trunk (boot) lid.

Snips

Always on
We need pictures of the damage!

Hope the paperwork, etc is sorted quickly and premium doesn't go up too much.

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Ouch! That's not good. I hope there were no injuries.
Passenger in other car was shook up, so we had at one point 2 tow trucks, 2 fire trucks, 2 police, and 1 ambulance. The paramedics checked her and she is ok. My wrist is a bit sore, it was already from other issues, but is more so now. Probably from bracing against the steering wheel.

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
It's all too easily done Don, had it happen to me 3 times and I have done it once .. lack of concentration on my part.
About what speed do you think you were going at the time

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
Glad to hear everyone is OK. Not happened to me yet but it is only a matter of time.

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
One of the times it happened to me (driver hit the back of may car) as I was waiting to turn right ... he apologized and said he didnt see me stop, said it was his wifes car ..... when the insurance co got involved he had changed his story to " he pulled away from a parked position without looking behind so I had nowhere to go and hit him" .... so it was my word against his and the insurance said it was knock for knock so NOT a blameless claim (bet that what he told his wife happened) ..... nearly went round to his house and told him what I thought of him ...

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
The worst part of collision claims now seems to be the cost of replacing the stupid air bags.

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
It's all too easily done Don, had it happen to me 3 times and I have done it once .. lack of concentration on my part.
About what speed do you think you were going at the time
Not very fast, under 50 kmh, Airbags did not deploy, thankfully.

Ozzie_Traveller

Old Hand
Premium Member
Hi Don

A saying that's been around since the 70s ... about a too-careful driver whose hat signalled others to keep clear of him
It may have stemmed from an advertising campaign - but it's too many years ago

Phil

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
Probably similar to here where some of the older generation sat “flat cap n pipe” regarding other drivers in a derogatory manner. I suppose it more polite than the language I use...