• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

old prairie church

loki

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
a photo from just about a year ago (6/10/19) while on a roadtrip through the midwest. pretty sure this was north dakota, and if memory serves i believe i added in the clouds in photoshop. the sky was already blue, just cloudless.

48068344508_79de2b7500_o.jpg

RyanB

Eye of the Tiger
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Like this a lot Loki, the building is in a perfect state of disrepair and you captured & processed it just to my taste.

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Well done. I am sure some might say it would be better in the golden hour, but this works really well as is.

imagesBV

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
I like this too....its subtly processed and complements the subject perfectly

Taboo

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Well done and lovely tones. The first social networking system in disaray :grin:

loki

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Like this a lot Loki, the building is in a perfect state of disrepair and you captured & processed it just to my taste.
thanks ryan. i don't think this one will be around much longer.

Well done. I am sure some might say it would be better in the golden hour, but this works really well as is.
thanks don. i wasn't prepared to camp and the hotel was a few hours away. would love to do some astro work at an old church someday.

I like this too....its subtly processed and complements the subject perfectly
thanks imagesbv.

Well done and lovely tones. The first social networking system in disaray :grin:
thanks taboo. rip prairie church and my space and g+.

David_MC

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
The processing was done very well, I couldn’t tell it was a composite.

Photobum

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Very nice! Might be a stunner in black & white?

Pete Larkin

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Very nice. Like the composition, and it sits well in the frame. For my personal tastes, it's a little on the bright side - but that's just me...

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Echoing all of Pete's comments above including maybe just a tad bright and I can't decide but it appears there might be just the slightest of perspective distortion on the building. I love old buildings, and you found a jewel here!

loki

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
The processing was done very well, I couldn’t tell it was a composite.
pretty sure the clouds were shot that same day, a few hours earlier and more than a few miles west.

Very nice! Might be a stunner in black & white?
thanks. it would work in b&w too. i keep the prairie churches in color with similar processing since i've got a collection of church photos.

Very nice. Like the composition, and it sits well in the frame. For my personal tastes, it's a little on the bright side - but that's just me...
thanks pete. i try to keep these types of shots looking light and airy.

Echoing all of Pete's comments above including maybe just a tad bright and I can't decide but it appears there might be just the slightest of perspective distortion on the building. I love old buildings, and you found a jewel here!
thanks southern gent. the tower isn't really connected to the church anymore. the bottom of the tower isn't straight, and neither is the top but in a different way. halfway up is pretty straight, at least the verticals are, the horizontals naturally slant left. i did what i could to straighten as much of the tower as possible in ps without causing the church building to get out of shape.

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
hanks southern gent. the tower isn't really connected to the church anymore. the bottom of the tower isn't straight, and neither is the top but in a different way. halfway up is pretty straight, at least the verticals are, the horizontals naturally slant left. i did what i could to straighten as much of the tower as possible in ps without causing the church building to get out of shape.
In that case extremely well done!!! I would have never dreamed all that was going on!!!

Minor Problem

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Love the building but as you say yourself it's crying out to be the centrepiece of some cool astro, golden hour or twilight shoot. A wonderful find.

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
If only those walls could take, think of the stories they could tell .... nice one, nice find.