1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Want Pointers Orange

Discussion in 'Macro Images Forum' started by TWS, Jan 31, 2019.

1. TWS

TWS Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Here is an orange I took a picture of last night.
    Let me know what you guys think. Is there anything that was obviously overdone is post processing? I didn't do too much besides change a few levels of different things.

Also, I cannot figure out how to keep the exif data with the image once it's brought into the post. The picture has the data on my computer. When I use the "Upload a File" button while creating a post the data seems to be removed.

Can somebody explain how they get their images posted with the data still attached?
    Orange 1500x1000_00001.jpg

2. Bobbi

Bobbi Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Amazing pic!! Looks good enough to eat!!

TWS likes this.
  3. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The metadata is normally lost when it's downsized and saved, unless you tell your editor to retain the EXIF. What editor are you using?

4. TWS

TWS Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I am using Capture NX-D. I started with .NEF file then used the "convert files" button to change this one into a jpeg with max quality and downsized to 1500 pixels across. When I use my browsers eixiftool to "choose a local image file" I can select the image from my desktop and I can see the exif data. I have tried to just drag and drop from my desktop to the post and I still lose the data the same as when I use the upload a file button.

Any thoughts on that?

5. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The processing bright and vibrant with the blue background contrasting with the orange. Reduce the saturation of the blue to make it less distracting. My issue is that the front slice is not sharp enough. I would have preferred a wider depth of field (smaller aperture) so that the majority of the front surface of the orange was in focus.

TWS likes this.
  6. JAH-WAR

JAH-WAR Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I too think there is a focus issue, probably down to dof as Mike says. I also like to have seen it taken square on as it looks like the right side (as you look) is farther away then the left. I see some blown highlights too but without the exif it's difficult to give advice on the settings.

TWS and Mike Singh like this.
  7. TWS

TWS Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thank you guys. I took several pictures and couldn’t decide if straight on or a little crooked was better.
    As far as the depth of field, I wasn’t sure about whether it was a problem to not have the entire orange on focus. I was trying to keep a shallow depth of field because I didn’t like the look of the table the orange was on.
    I will try some other things with your pointers.
    Thanks guys.

8. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    That explains it then. Images uploaded here must be a maximum of 1024 pixels on the longest side, and under 250 Kb. This one obviously made it through, but our software has resized it and reduced the information in the file. When that happens, the EXIF is the first information to be stripped out.

TWS likes this.
  9. TWS

TWS Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Awesome!
    Thank you very much, next time I upload a picture I will put the correct size and hopefully have whats needed with the pictures.

Roger S likes this.
  10. SharonH

SharonH Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I love it, it's making my mouth water, it looks so juicy.