• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Want Pointers Out of my comfort range

Ramble Vision

Mountain Climber
Super Moderator
a slightly wider angle on number two would have improved it. it gives more of an open feel to the image and also prevent the clipping of details

that aside exposure, colour focus looks good.

DwarvenChef

Always on
Clipping happened due to the car I was squished up against taking the shot, I was not happy with the clipping but the wagon looked better in this shot.

Busy parking lots are not my favorite places and usually I would not have thought to take any shots there... But I love these Jeeps and could not pass it up. I have a 50's car on film getting developed now and will see how that looks on Thursday. I'll post below wen I get them.

DwarvenChef

Always on
Off the top of my head I'm going with 1960's, the '70s started streamlining corners and such and this one is still nice and blocky.

Isac

Always on
I think that you've done well with exposure, colour, POV and detail - well done. Just some framing issues in #2 but easily fixed by adding some space to both sides. Let me know and I can show you how. I love these kinds of old cars and I always like to have some fun with them to show them off by adding a few effects - I hope you don't mind.
carZOOM.jpg

DwarvenChef

Always on
I think that you've done well with exposure, colour, POV and detail - well done. Just some framing issues in #2 but easily fixed by adding some space to both sides. Let me know and I can show you how. I love these kinds of old cars and I always like to have some fun with them to show them off by adding a few effects - I hope you don't mind.
No problem :) , we did some shots like this in school, just not my taste but appreciate that others do enjoy them :)

One day I'll work on isolating and background manipulations some day :p

For the sillhouette, you might try raising the camera angle to shoulder height of the car (about the bottom of the front windows. That would give a more complete view of the shape by letting you see through the windows normally rather than the "dogs eye" view of getting low.
If not needing the actual shape, then moving a bit to the left (front) can sometimes allow you to keep the general shape while lessening the overall width of the image.

Isac

Always on
Just some trivia: Your image is of an early model named the "Willys Overland Station Wagon" which was started around 1947 though to about 1954. It was known as the world's first SUV!