• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Pangong Lake, Ladakh, India

This is the highest salt water lake in the world at 15000 feet. Line of control with China cuts right across this lake. Colors of the lake is at its best in the late afternoon.

Fixed a tiny spot on #1 pointed by Steve and replaced the image.

IMG_7820(2).jpg

IMG_7836(2).jpg

IMG_7851(2).jpg

IMG_7821(2).jpg

IMG_7848(2).jpg

Scenery as we approached the lake

IMG_7806(2).jpg

IMG_7795(2).jpg

IMG_7817(2).jpg

Last edited:

Pete Larkin

Always on
Premium Member
I like these - looks an amazing place to go. First is particularly dramatic.
What have you done to your processing? It looks so much more crisp and neat!

I like these - looks an amazing place to go. First is particularly dramatic.
What have you done to your processing? It looks so much more crisp and neat!
Thanks Pete. Don't do much other than adjust the micro-contrast and pre-sharpen with Nik software. #1 is ways off from the lake with a small window showing what was to come ahead.

Last edited:

Ramble Vision

Mountain Climber
Super Moderator
nice set, agree PP is much better overall. in number 1 there seems to be a masking issue on the right hand side lake. The selection seems to have a hard edge. needs a little more feathering IMO. That aside its lovely shot, great light, my fave from the set for sure.

Mike Singh

Always on
Premium Member
Nice work Sundar. The blue and browns contrast nicely. My pick is no 1. A black and white processing am also work with the varying tones.

H1ghlander

Always on
Need to have a look at your cloning in the first picture Sundar. Can still see lines around what ever you've cloned out on the land and a little on the water.

Need to have a look at your cloning in the first picture Sundar. Can still see lines around what ever you've cloned out on the land and a little on the water.
Thanks. I have fixed it now for sure. This scene is special to me as not many would have perhaps noticed it in all the wilderness around here. My guide took me to this hidden spot on high grounds.

IMG_7820(2).jpg

Last edited:
It's still there. The light patch on the distant shore has a line around.
Sorry, can't find any line artifact when I looked at it zooming in. Whatever lines seen around that spot look natural to me. My theory is that the drifting sand dunes near the lake shore may be the cause for this pattern. Did some more touch up and replaced the image anyhow.

Last edited: