1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Personal Website, Facebook, and More!

Discussion in 'What Works For You & Post Your Website Forum' started by DawnPatrol, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DawnPatrol

DawnPatrol Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I've decided to try to start trying to market myself a little better as a photographer so I recently created my own photography website. I included a resource section where I intend to post some quick tutorials on basic photography and post-process related tasks and some free stock images. I also launched a photography facebook page a few days ago and an Etsy account. And I've had a flickr account for ages so I'll throw that in there as well.

http://ginaschaefer.com/photography/

https://www.facebook.com/ginaschaeferphotography/

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GinaSchaeferPhotos

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dawnpatrol/

The main goal of this post is just to share my work outside of what I've posted on this forum, but if anyone has any experience on advertising on facebook, etsy, or flickr, I'd be very curious to hear it.

2. Ogofmole

Ogofmole Always on Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    You have some very nice underground shots and abandoned buildings.

3. DawnPatrol

DawnPatrol Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks! The underground shooting I'm still a bit new to to be honest. Tons of room for improvement. It's fun to do though.

4. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I use Facebook for some of mymarketing but I think it depends on the genre you're photographing and your friends. I have a few shooting photographs but no leads or interest at all. My equine photographs are a totally different matter and I have a fair few friends who buy photographs from time to time - and I also give some away to generate interest which results in more sales.

I have a website where people (shooting, equine, property, wedding - all sorts!) can order photographs, prints, keyrings, mugs, etc and some pages are not visible to the public so those who have asked me to do personal photography can have the ease of looking at images and choosing the ones they want but also know that the whole world cannot see them.

5. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  6. GFM

GFM Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I looked at the site: I love its simplicity: it works great for me and your underground shots are very appealing.

GF

7. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    No
    This is an old thread, OP hasn't been here for over year... closed thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.