• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Photographer saves three men when their car rolled into a pond

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
He was in the right spot at the right time. The camera in question was a Nikon.

Photographer Terry Ingram’s camera couldn’t have stopped working at a more frustrating time, but three friends are fortunate for his bad luck.​
Ingram, a professional photographer from Bellevue, was shooting photos of eagles near the Offutt Base Lake about noon Saturday when his digital camera stopped working.

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
@DonS … won't allow me to view this as I'm in the EE
Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time.

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Ok Don that worked

breeliz

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
@DonS … won't allow me to view this as I'm in the EE
Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time.
They have the EU geofenced so they don't have to comply with GDPR. One of the new Privacy laws in the states will eventually get them and pry loose some compliance activity. Heck, I told our own execs... you can't geofence the whole world which is heading the direction of the EU and GDPR!! Sooner or later you will have to bite the bullet and build that consent management system and a DSAR management system... yada yada yada. You might as well be talking to the brain dead. LOL!

The images were not that exciting anyway. Good story though.

MikeB

Traveler
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Cool story. I wonder why non-compliance with the GDPR is an issue for them.

breeliz

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Cool story. I wonder why non-compliance with the GDPR is an issue for them.
They can be fined up to 20M Euros or 4% of their global turnover. The French fined Google 50M Euros. This news company doesn't want any of that risk.

Pteranadon

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
You know, I noticed that you posted this earlier @DonS but it didn't register.
Hmm...Omaha sounds familiar. Story sounds familiar also. Hmm..

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
You know, I noticed that you posted this earlier @DonS but it didn't register.
Hmm...Omaha sounds familiar. Story sounds familiar also. Hmm..
It was local news for you :)

MikeB

Traveler
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
They can be fined up to 20M Euros or 4% of their global turnover. The French fined Google 50M Euros. This news company doesn't want any of that risk.
Google is an international company. The local newspaper is not.

breeliz

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Google is an international company. The local newspaper is not.
Well if the newspaper processes personal data of individuals in the EU, then they are subject to GDPR. The law has international scope and websites tend to be accessible globally. And that is why the paper geofenced off a range of European IPs so that Europeans can't access the site and thus can't have their personal data processed by the site. It's compliance on the cheap! LOL Trust me, I know because my company does it as well.

Minor Problem

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
It seems a little drama may have been added for news worthiness. From what I can see the car is only in about a foot of water?

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
This made me smile.

After calling 911, he waded into the frozen water, found one door that opened (after multiple yanks), and ended up pulling three young men out of the car one by one, saving them from near-certain death.

Pteranadon

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
It seems a little drama may have been added for news worthiness. From what I can see the car is only in about a foot of water?
Hey! We live in a boring town! Now that homicides are down, the floods have receeded... we have nothing else until the spring floods again.

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Lol, I did think that. But that foot is where their heads would be if upside down :roll:

Minor Problem

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Lol, I did think that. But that foot is where their heads would be if upside down :roll:
They could always have taken their seatbelts off and sat on the ceiling in a puddle instead of drowning?? :roll:

Pteranadon

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
12, 13 years ago I had a short stint (maybe for a month) at photography. I met him and he was a nice guy. He and another photography fellow I know are buds.
This guy- the friend who saved the kids, posted a shot laying on ice taking shots of ducks. Posting his appreciation for him keeping an eye on him while on the ice. Too funny.!

Pteranadon

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I don't know if that was all "legal" but I just wanted to post the link.

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
They could always have taken their seatbelts off and sat on the ceiling in a puddle instead of drowning?? :roll:
Natural selection? :)

That said it is disorientating rolling onto the roof. I was in the back of an estate that didn't make a country lane turn, was turned into its roof by the bank, slid a while, windscreen popped, then stopped.
I fought myself upright, and despite the estate backseat hanging down and my knowing we were on the roof, in my haste to evac I could see the road level with the "bottom" of the window and pictured in my mind the door bent 90° and therefore under me. So I was literally drawing my elbow back to use it to (no doubt completely unsuccessfully and extremely painfully) put it through the window to get out when I heard guy in front passenger open the door to get out. Which I then did. Lol.

Amusing part of the related story. Our driver then started moaning and groaning. Mind immediately pictures crushed legs by steering wheel.
You ok John?
No. I hit my effing head on the roof when I pressed the seat belt release button.