• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Photoshop 2021

Tony Mancini

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Just playing about with Photoshop 2021 :oops:
Changing backgrounds is soooo easy now :banana:

BEFORE ....
Owl_best.jpg

AFTER ....
Owl_best (modded sky) copy 2.jpg

What do you think ?

Last edited:

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
This is decent but certainly not perfect, Tony. The algorithm is missing some of the finer details of the photo in the conversion. No offense, but it's still not going to convince a cheapo like me to pay for a PS subscription.

Untitled - 1.jpg

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I think that to recover any detail that is lost in the addition of the background , you have to further edit the layer mask that is created in the process.

Piquet

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Nice try but I would have chosen a less overpowering sky

Tony Mancini

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Must admit I do quite like the dramatic sky.
I know its not perfect but still learning my way around PS :doh:

Tony Mancini

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Had a little play around with the feathers

Owl_best (modded sky) main.jpg

kayak

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Keep at it, Tony. I love playing around in PS. It was PS that got me back into photography after years of just shooting pictures. I now have a good collection of stuff to use; sky shots, brickwork, leaves, all kinds of shots for textures etc.

Tony Mancini

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Where abouts did you get the sky, brickwork, leaves etc. backgrounds from kayak ? :grin:

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I frequently do background swaps, and I've tried the new feature. Like all the other methods I use, it will work on some images better than others. Overall I wasn't overly impressed with it as real life applications rarely involve images with contrast or edges as in your example. Try using it on an image with a gray sky and you'll see what I mean. Its another tool in the box but won't replace the tedious methods required on the shots requiring fine detailed selections and less than optimal contrast.

Last edited:

kayak

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Where abouts did you get the sky, brickwork, leaves etc. backgrounds from kayak ? :grin:
Wherever I go with my camera I usually get a few shots of; door knobs and knockers, rusty metal gates, old locks and chains, wooden doors with studwork, tree bark, castle brickwork/stonework, anything interesting that I might need at some point when I'm playing around in PS. The hardest part is finding it in my files when I want to use it. I really need to organise my files better. :grin: